Fantasy (Ziam One Shot)

This is officially my first one shot based on the popular Mariah Carey Song "Fantasy". Enjoy!

It was a grueling night as the humidity outside was unbearable on this hot sunny Friday in July. Night was vastly approaching and Zayn was getting ready for some shut eye.  If it were any other day, Zayn would’ve sworn that he was feeling awfully warm next to his band mate Liam during their set. As he brushed off his unbeknownst feelings for the younger lad, he crept into his queen sized bed.

It didn’t take long until he drifted into a deep sleep, one that brought forth a strange fantasy.

As he was in a deep state of dreaming, he began to recognize a melody that was being played. It was Mariah Carey’s Fantasy! He began humming the chorus “But it’s just a sweet sweet fantasy baby, when I close my eyes, you come and take me. On and on and on, it’s so deep in my daydreams, but it’s just a sweet sweet fantasy baby.”

Zayn wondered why that particular song crept into his mind since it has been ages since he last heard that blissful infectious ear candy up-tempo. Rather than question this odd turn of events, he continued to sing along to the melody, “Images of rapture creep into me slowly, as you're going to my head; and my heart beats faster, when you take me over, time and time and time again.” He belted with such emotion and it caused Liam to awake from his slumber.

Liam rushed to see where that angelic singing came from, it feel like it evoked such passion and emotion within the room.

As Zayn continued to hum the notes of a modern classic, Liam entered his room and listened in on his band mate as he continued singing.

Zayn cooed with such restraint “I'm in heaven, with my boyfriend Lee-yum; my laughing boyfriend. There's no beginning and there is no end. Feels like I'm dreaming, but I'm not sleeping.”

Liam froze. Did Zayn really mean what he was saying? Were those feelings surfacing from his unconscious mind through his melodic voice, or was it a ploy to mess with him? You see, Liam always felt a sense of attraction whenever he was next to his band mate; however, he always restrained himself since he had absolutely no intention of risking his friendship with his raven haired friend. As the song slowly began to fade, Liam quickly tiptoed back to his bed, thinking of how he’d approach Zayn about what he had overheard in the morning.

As the night quickly drifted away into nothingness, the sun began to glare through the twelfth floor glass window and awoke the tanned Bradford boy. 

It's been so long since he's been this well rested. As he made his way into the dining area, he caught a worried looking Liam on the balcony. Zayn decided to make breakfast for the two of them. Luckily, Harry gave him a lesson on making a simple yet scrumptious looking omelet in case he were to ever cook for that special someone.

As he placed the golden colored breakfast, Zayn was thinking of the daydream that he had last night. Was it true? Did he really have feelings for Li? Frustration began to creep up on him as he nearly dropped both plates right before Liam caught him.

"Thanks Li"

"No problemo, Zayn".

"Li, I made us breakfast, do you wanna eat out on the balcony?"

"Sure Zee"

As they made their way to the balcony, Liam began to overthink Zee's actions. Why did he make me breakfast? Why did he look so damn good in his sweats? Li, this is not the time and place for this he thought.

"So Zee, has anything been on your mind?"

As Liam asked, Zayn began to stutter, "Not really, no".

The Wolverhampton boy knew his friend was withholding something back; therefore, he went to grab his iPhone. Luckily, he had Mariah's "Daydream" record on there.

He slowly made his way back to the table and began to hum something.

"What are you humming, Li?", asked the tanned lad.

"Oh it's just something I thought I'd do for one of our shows".

"Can I hear it Li?"

"Sure, Zayn".

Liam placed his phone in the center of the table and "Fantasy" began to play. Li began with the first verse, "Oh, when you walk by every night talking sweet and looking fine, I get kinda hectic inside. Mmm baby, I'm so into you; darling, if you only knew all the things that flow through my mind."

Zayn went pale when he heard his band mate singing that song.

“So Zayn, what are your thoughts on my cover?”

“It's ummmm nice, Li”.

“By the way Zee, I heard you say that you were in heaven with your boyfriend Lee-yum last night, care to explain?”

The silence on the balcony was suffocating Zayn. He didn't want to respond and screw everything up. He continued eating his breakfast as if hadn't heard anything.

Liam wasn't having any of that, "Zayn, just answer the god damn question..."

Zayn cheekily responded, "Why were you sneaking in my room last night anyways?"

"Well Zayn, I heard something in your room and I went to investigate. You were singing Mariah Carey's Fantasy in your sleep and you clearly referred to me as your boyfriend. I'm just trying to see where we stand Zee.”

“Li, if you really wanna know where I stand? Well my friend, I think it's clear as day that I've developed feelings for you. I've been getting strange sensations whenever I'm near you at our shows and even while I'm sleeping. I love you Li.”

"Zee, I really don't know what to say."

"Just please don't hate me Li"

"You really are clueless sometimes Zee, I love you too, you dork."

"Really?"

"Yes. I've had feelings for you ever since our X-Factor auditions 3 years ago. I never wanted to cause any tension in the band so I tried to ignore my feelings. But I'm glad that I'm in your sweet fantasies”, Liam giggled.

Zayn's face went completely red. His feelings were out there, Li returned them, so where were they?

"Liam will you be my boyfriend?"

"Did you even have to ask?" ,Liam chuckled.

It looks like Zayn's fantasy was reality.

© Copyright: All rights reserved. / ziamking