What Greatness Is That?

"You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self,to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously" ~Dr. Steve Maraboli

---

Yes, it's true we seek greatness and we wish for greatness and we announce it like a fallen word, but really to what extent is greatness. Everyone puts themselves on line hoping they make history or a name worth calling great. Truth is, their really isn't anything. Yeah that super nice guy who helps old ladies cross the street maybe great or a child who wins a spelling bee might be great too.

Then there are those who get lucky, these I call the unfortunate. Those who get pressured to be the best by mostly parents hoping on a dream that was once they're own or in worse cases having known greatness then felt they lost it when all they have to do is look around. Having raw talent is amazing no doubt, but heck we all have our own secret weapon.

Then the ones who simply are the best at what they do. The worst criminal can be named great because they are great yeah, at being the worst of their click.

Why do we insists to be called great when everything is simply just...Great. No matter who you are or what you do it will always be what you want. No word can ever define you , especially not one used on even the smallest speck. What I know now is I do not seek greatness, what I truly want is to do what I can and be okay.