Chapter 3

Joey's P.O.V.

Tears start streaking down my face as I start to witness my reality. I'm going to be stuck in a shit hole for twenty years over something I didn't even do. Great.

We keep driving for what feels like forever and the two cops keep laughing about something up front.
"What are you laughing about!" I yell through the crying that has dragged everything out of my soul.
"We just uh. You got Daniel Preda to talk to you. He doesn't usually talk to other guys," they say starting to laugh really hard.
"I still don't see why that's funny," I say as the gorgeous raven haired man flashes through my memory.
"Because he probably wanted to fuck you but you're going to be stuck in jail for twenty years so his chances are slim to none," the other man says and then they start crying laughing.
"I'm glad i'm not a cop. I would hate to have to take innocent people to a hell hole to rot when they're innocent," I say slamming my cuffed hands on the cage separating me from them.
"You heard the judge. You're guilty Mr. Graceffa," the one man says and they both share a little laugh.
"You'll see," I whisper under my breath where it is just audible to know I said something.

We finally pull into the jail and they both get out of the car at the same time. They rip me out of the car and push me towards the front door. They sit me in a holding cell while they go and figure out where they're going to place me. I sit there and I can see outside and I can see all the other inmates and I can see my life slowly fading to grey.

"You ready to see your new home?" A new man says to me unlocking the holding cell and draggig me through the metal halls. There are a ton of guys as I go down the halls and all of them stare at me. I hear a cat call and all the blood rushes to my head because I am scared shitless.

They place me in my cell while they go and get me my suit. The man coems back for me and takes me to the showers so I can take a lice bath. I strip all of my clothes in a room full of police officers and other naked men so I can bathe. They give me my soap and I go into my little stall that only has two little walls covering me. You can still see my hole body plain as day but it makes me a bit more comfortable knowing I have some coverage.

"Joseph!" I hear someone yell. Who the fuck knows me here? I turn my head and there Daniel stands, naked walking over towards me. My face goes bright red, I can feel it.
"H-hi what are you doing here?" I say to him as he takes the stall next to me.
"Well, I was accused of killing a man. I actuallt didn't but I pleaded guilty so I couls possibly see you again. And, here you are," he says washing his hair with the lice shampoo. Oh my god, he's insane.
"You don't even know me! Why would you ruin your life?" I say rinsing the shampoo out of my hair and smelling it's terrible scent.
"Jail isn't that bad. I've been in here before," he says washing over his body.
"I don't know it's pretty terrible so far and i've only been here for a hour," I say rinsing off my body.

I call one of the guards for a towel. Unfortunatley, it was one of the guards that brought me to the jail and he starts laughing whenever he sees Daniel next to me.
"I guess the chances were higher than I... thought," he says handing me a towel and my clothes. I dry off and out them on. I walk away from Daniel without saying a word so the guard will take me to my cell.

"See you around pen pal," I hear Daniel yell. I shake my head with the same damn smirk I had the last time he said that to me. I finally make it to my cell and lay down.

"You will have a roomate I just don't know who he is because he is under the custody of a different guard and is somewhere in the shower room. I guess you'll get to meet him soon," the guard says walking away from me, laughing.

I stare up at the ceiling and begin to cry again. I am really not too sure how long it is going to take for me to get used to all of this but i'm hoping soon. But i've got twenty years to warm up to the place. Tomorrow is going to suck though because it is going to be my actual first day doing all the inmate activities.

I am half awake half asleep when I hear my cell door open and someone sit on the bed across from me. I am too far into my sleep to force myself to open my eyes. So, I guess i'll find out in the morning.