Chapter 1

Devin Rains

All throughout the bus ride I thought about tonight. I was really worried.

Yes I ride the bus.

But of course I was treated like a sixth grader and I was forced to sit up in the front by the 'cool' boys and by that I mean the guys that think that they are so cool, but they are so not.

When I got home I unlocked the door then locked it and ran upstairs to my room and locked that door.

Seconds later, a black Mustang showed up in my driveway.

Isaac.

He rang the door bell and I ran downstairs and opened the door for him.

He barged in and jumped on the couch.

"Uhm, excuse me" i said.

"What" he said.

"You can't just shove past me and jump on my couch" i said.

"Yes I can" he said and I didn't argue cause he wasn't worth it.

"What's the first lesson" I asked.

"Makeup" he said.

"How much makeup do you wear" he asked me.

"None" i said.

"Obviously, okay so since you don't have any makeup, we will have to get some."

It was now like 9 o'clock and It was dark outside, my parents had business trips and weren't home as always.

"How" I asked.

"Shop lifting" he said.

"We go to the store tonight while it's dark and we'll sneak in take some makeup" he stated like it was nothing.

"Fine but since you know sooo much about makeup, you have to get it."

"No you have to come, I need your opinion"

"For the first time in my life" I mumbled.

"Cmon" he prodded.

"Get in the car" he yelled.

"Geez ok" i said.

He started driving and turned on the radio to the song Give It To You by Robin Thicke.

I changed it to classical music.

He changed it back.

I changed it again.

He did too.

I did.

He did.

I stopped knowing I shouldn't argue, I mean he's trying to help me...

well, because of a dare, but whatevs.

We finally arrived.

"How are we supposed to get in." I asked.

"Watch and learn" he said.

He took out a bobby pin from his back pocket and jiggled it in the lock until the door opened.

What kind of guy carries a bobby pin in his back pocket i thought to myself.

We enetered and went to the makeup section.

He took my hand and examined it. He picked up this liquid stuff the same color as my skin. He picked up like every single thing of eyeshadow, sparkly, plain, shimmer, matte, whatever that means...

He picked up pencil and liquid eyeliner and blushes and lip glosses and mascaras and some stuff called primer and highlighter and powder and lip pencil and a bunch of different brushes and soon our hands were full of makeup.

We were about to leave but I felt really guilty so I left some money and a note saying sorry.

Yeah I'm a goody goody as you probably already knew.

We finally arrived at my house and he put the makeup in my vanity which had been empty, but was now full.

He put me on the chair and started out.

"Okay so you put foundation on to even out your skintone and to cover up red spots." He picked up the liquid stuff and rubbed it all over my face.

"Then eyeshadow primer so that your eyeshadow lasts."

"Now I'm going to put silver eyeshadow on you."

I closed my eyes and he used a brush and put it on me.

"Now I'm going to put some sparkly turquoise liquid eyeliner on."

He put it right above my lashes and did a little swoop beside my eyes.

"Now mascara, open your eyes"

He lightly put it on my eyelashes.

"Now make a fish face" I did what he said and he put blush on my cheeks.

"Now I'm going to put Lipstick on your lips and then lip pencil"

He did what he said and ran into  my bathroom.

He came out and handed me something.

contacts.

"Wear these tomorrow and the makeup, got it" he said.

"Got it"

"How do you know this much about makeup." i asked him.

"Older sister" he said and choked a little.

He turned me around and I gasped.

I didn't look like ugly betty any more.

For the first time in my life, I actually looked beautiful.

So yay, another chappie!

Please tell other people about this book, I really think it will be a good one and the chapters are probably the longest chapters I've written.

I love all of my dreamcatchers!

<3 you all, k