Chapter 4

The fairies grew impatient. The ministers were becoming nervous. The talent heads started to become upset. Lord Milori was growing scared. The new arrival was getting sleepy. Finally Milori stood up and ran to his owl. Until he felt a tug on his shoulder. He sighed turning to face the new arrival. "What are we waiting for?"he asked.

"Well the queen was supposed to greet you after you greeted everyone. But she hasn't come yet. I'm going to make sure she's all right," Milori explained nervously.

"Why can't you do it?"a fairy in the crowd shouted.

"Yeah! We'v been waiting long enough!" another fairy in the crowd shouted.

"Yeah! You do it! That waste of pixie dust won't come!"another fairy who actually admired Clarion shouted angrily.

"ENOUGH! Do not insult your queen in such a way! I will come back soon,"Milori's voice echoed throughout the tree.

As he flew off on his owl to Never Peak. He was worried for the sudden change of loyalty in the fairies toward Clarion.

Once he reached Never Peak he found a small log cabin. But inside it was a mess as if a tornado had gone through there. But it was as if it or someone was looking for something. As he came out. He saw footprints. They were too big for Clarion's and a little too small for his. He followed them and as he continued to follow the steps he came upon a footprint with snapped twig in the middle. Finally his fears were confirmed. An inch away from a large boulder was a gleaming crown half buried in the sand. She was taken but who and where he didn't know. The most he knew was it was a fairy because the footprints disappeared.

He had to get help and he flew off on his owl to the Pixie Dust Tree. He sped through the branches not really paying attention when he heard the Minister of Winter shout,"Lord Milori! The bra-"Milori crashed into a thick but rather small branch and fell right int the middle of the arrival stage.

Anna Remedy ,the head of the healing talent fairies, rushed over to Lord Milori to check on him and to try to at least wake him. In a serious tone she said "He's out good! I wonder what got into him to make him fly so crazily over here. He could've gotten killed!"

The Minister of Autumn noticed the crown in Milori's hand,"Why does he have the queen's crown?"

By then Milori woke up. But he looked full of dread and as if hypnotized he walked over to his owl. He whispered something to it and it flew off.

"Something is wrong,"Milori warned the ministers. "We must talk in private. "

"Excuse me."a small voice said. Milori turned around to face the new arrival.

"What is going on? Where am I ? Who are you?"the arrival asked. Milori knew what he had to do. He promised his fiance that he'd take over while she was gone. So he did his normal routine for the new arrivals. "Welcome to to the Win-Pixie Hollow. I am Lord Milori,the lord of winter. Now stand still."

Milori walked behind the newborn and went from the base of his wings upwards with his index finger and thumb. The arrival's wings rose upward and glowed a bright shade of red. It seemed awfully familiar to Milori but why e couldn't place his finger on it.

Soon after he helped the boy learn how to fly, and he was quick for a rookie. Vidia was impressed, but she seemed indifferent about it to everyone he landed mushrooms began to pop out of the stage.

"Bring forth the talents! "Milori boomed. Soon all around the new arrival there were different fairies from different talents placing different kinds of objects representing their talents on the stools. The arrival gave Milori a confused look waiting for an explanation, "These will help you find your talent my child. "

The arrival nodded and took a step towards a shining ball of light, but suddenly all the objects began to glow brightly. It was enough to cause a migraine and once the light died down everyone saw the objects surrounding the sparrow-man. Once again, Milori was struck by the familiarity but couldn't place his finer on it.

"Pixie Hollow! I welcome you our very first multi-talent fairy among you, Stone!" and with that Milori and the ministers left to discuss what Milori had figured and now if the arrival of this fairy had anything to do with Clarion.