Chapter 4: Someone to Save Me

Michael's P.O.V.

I always loved evenings. They were so luxurious and beautiful. It was still light out, so I decided to go for a walk to get my mind off things. I passed by a couple of houses where some children were playing. I smiled at their cuteness. As I was strolling along, I passed by an alley. I was just about to keep on walking when I saw a woman bleeding very badly in there. She looked as though she'd been beaten. I decided to go in there to help her. Obviously no one else would because there was no one else around. I was very cautious passing through the alley. It seemed like forever until I finally reached her. She seemed like she needed to get to a hospital. She slowly started to wake up. "Hey, are you all right?" I asked her.

Kim's P.O.V.

I was awoken by a very sweet man's voice. "Hey, are you all right?"

"Wh- where am I?" I asked.

"You're in the middle of an alley. We should get out of here. These pathways are pretty dangerous especially in big cities like these." He started to help me up. I couldn't tell who he was. My vision was kind of bad because Alex had hit me in the eye. Wait, did he say "BIG CITY"?

"How did I end up here?" I asked.

"What do you mean? You must've hit your head pretty hard. Do you remember your name?" The kind man asked. His voice sounded oddly familiar to me, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Kim. What about you?"

"I'm Michael."

"Nice to meet you, Michael." I didn't know anyone by the name of Michael, but I did recognize the voice. "Although I can't really see you. My vision's still pretty bad from, uh, hitting my head."

"I should get you to a hospital. We'll go to my house to get the phone."

Why wouldn't he have carried his phone around with him? "Oh, we can use my phone." I reached in my pocket and grabbed my smart phone.

"What is that?" Michael asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Is that your phone?"

"Well, yeah."

"How did you get it in your pocket?" I felt confused. How could this guy not have known what a smart phone was?

"It's called a cell phone."

"I didn't know cell phones looked like that. I thought they were bigger."

Well, that was odd. My vision started to clear up. I saw dark curly hair and chocolate, brown eyes. Was Michael Jackson standing right in front of me? Was he the one who helped me? Hold on. That couldn't have been right. I thought he was dead. Oh no! I probably traveled back in time. It would all make sense. I ended up here instead of in my apartment, a dead person came to help me, and this "dead person" looked like he was at least 24. Maybe there was some sort of portal under my table?

"There's something really wrong here." I said to him.

"What is it?" He asked worried.

"You're gonna think I'm crazy, but..." Wait, I couldn't tell him I was from the twenty-first century at a time like that, and besides, I had just met the man.

"But what? I won't think you're crazy."

"I don't know; maybe I just need to rest." I told him.

I felt a little weak. I looked up at Michael hoping this wasn't a dream, hoping that I'd be okay, hoping I wouldn't have to see Alex again. I knew I had just met Michael, but he seemed so nice. I hadn't met anyone like him in years.

Michael's P.O.V.

Kim seemed a little weak, so I asked her if I could take her somewhere. "I don't really have anywhere to go." She told me. "I just got here. I have no clue where to go or what to do."

"Well, I could take you to my place if you'd like, and I could help you out until you feel better."

"Usually I wouldn't accept such a kind gesture from a stranger, but you're my favorite singer so I already feel like I know you somwhat. So I guess it's okay." I didn't have a car, so I would probably have to carry her to my house. I asked her, of course before picking her up. Once she okayed me carrying her, I gently picked her up and took her to my place. Once we were at my place, I layed her down gently on my couch. "I'm going to call the hospital, all right?" I said calmly.

"Wait, don't call them." She said worried.

"I have no choice. You're beat up really badly. Besides I thought you wanted me to call them." I said kindly.

"I'm not from around here. I hit my head really hard and forgot that." She started caressing her temple.

"That's all right. They'll be able to look you up."

I could tell something was bothering her. She was also hiding something. You couldn't be as bloody as she was from hitting your head. "Please, don't call them. Do you have a first-aid kit?" She asked.

"Well, yeah, but I think you should have a physician look after you. I don't think a first-aid kit will work."

"Please, just try."

"Well, all right, but if it doesn't work I'll have to take you to the hospital."

"All right."

I got out the first-aid kit. I really hoped it would work. I didn't want to take her to the hospital if she was so panicky about going. "We'll see how this kicks in in a couple of hours." I told her.

~Two Hours Later~

Kim's P.O.V.

It surprisingly worked. I honestly thought I would need to go to the hospital. I was so glad it didn't turn out that way. What if they'd have thought of me as an illegal alien? It seemed life was going to be harder now having to stay hidden. "Thank you so much for not taking me to a hospital." I told him.

"Uh, sure." He said confused. I didn't know why, but for some weird, unknown reason, I hugged him.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." I said pulling away.

"It's okay." He laughed a little. He seemed so sweet. "You don't need to apologize for giving me a hug. You were only saying thank you. Don't feel so bad about it. Are you sure you have no other place to stay besides here?"

"Yeah. I'm sure. It's okay I'll find a place, though."

"You could stay in the guest room if you'd like."

"I don't want to intrude. You've already taken such good care of me."

"You wouldn't be intruding. It's my pleasure. Besides you don't have a place to stay."

"I told you I'll find a place. You've already done so much for me."

"It's dangerous. There are gangsters out looking for trouble. They'd probably snatch you up before you'd even find a place."

"I'll be careful."

"Please, just stay in my guest room for the time being."

I realized there was no way to get him to change his mind. "All right." I gave in. "I'll stay."

He smiled so wide I thought his cheeks would pop out. "Great! I'll go prepare the room for you." He ran off grabbing some pillows, sheets, and blankets. I felt my eyes starting to close, and I drifted away into the world of slumber.

Michael's P.O.V.

I came back and she was already sleeping on the couch. She must have really needed her rest. I carried her up to the guest room and tucked her in. I hoped life would get better for her. She seemed like she'd been through so much. I turned off the light and headed over to my room.

*Hey, I'm working on this story so much now, so thanks so much to those of you who are reading this. It really does mean a lot to me.*