1

{April 22 2016}

I walk through the dark, dank hallways of this hell like place, school. People are gossiping loudly, probably about something completely irrelevant, or me. I walk past about fifty people before I see just one of my "friends" we walk over to our classroom, where we meet up with our other friends. I direct all my attention on my school work during class, I have nothing better to do. Some of my "friends" are on their phones, texting or passing notes, but I could care less about what they are talking about. The second class ends I hurry out of the door, to try and avoid talking to anyone, but of course my plan fails. Sometimes I really regret becoming popular just to hide my scars. Some random guy runs past me to get out the class just as Mia, my "friend" grabs my shoulder. She is saying something about me always leaving her behind, but I'm not listening, cause I'm staring at the guy who bumped into me. He didn't say anything when he bumped into me, he didn't even look at me. He must be a new student. No one at this stupid school can even look at me without becoming flustered. I really have no idea why, it's not like I'm the queen or something. To be honest I wish people would just treat me like everyone else.

The only reason I'm "super popular" is because one day six years ago, Mia (who was my best friend back then) gave me a stupid dare at a sleepover once. She said I had to ask Theo (the hottest and most popular guy in school) to our school dance. We were like ten at the time so it wasn't a big deal. But it turned out he liked me, so we started dating and we've been together ever since. Mostly cause we were expected to start dating, but we also liked each other. Not so much anymore, now we are only really together cause we are the "it" girl and boy of our school, so naturally we are the "it" couple. Mia has probably changed the most since sixth grade. She has dated more boys than I can count, gone to more parties then I thought was even possible, failed more classes then she has attended, and become the worst best friend ever, in only six years. Can you see why I was trying to leave without her noticing?

Mia is still complaining about something irrelevant by the time we got to our next class. I look around the class and I see the guy from earlier, he is standing next the teacher talking to her. I walk to the very back of the class and sit down, it's my favourite place to sit because I'm the only one who sits back here so I can concentrate. And then no one can stare at me from behind. I take out my books and notebook as the teacher starts talking, he says something about a new student, I look up with a start and stare right into the new guys eyes. He seems nice, I hope he isn't one of those annoying kids who already knows who I am because they stalked me and all my "friends" on every social media ever. You would be surprised by how many people do that. I'm lost in my thoughts when I here the teacher saying something about the back of the class, and I snap out of my thoughts instantly. The new guy is walking toward me, and sits down, right next to me. Well I'm not alone in the back of the class anymore, but at least I can find out if he is nice. Maybe Mia will date him and he will hang out with us, for the short amount of time Mia feels like dating him. On second thought I hope Mia doesn't date him because he seems too nice to be treated the way Mia will treat him. Suddenly I hear someone say "Hi, my name is Dylan. What's your name?" I turn my head and see the new guy, Dylan, is talking to me. I realized I had been staring at him for a while without answering him. "My name is Allison" I say quietly. If he doesn't know my name he probably doesn't know who I am, that's a good sign right? The teacher starts talking so our conversation ends. About a minute later I see a piece of folded up paper on my desk. It reads; Is it Alyson or Allison? I read it quickly. It was I strange question, but no one has ever asked me that so it makes him different and interesting. I wrote back; Allison. I watched as he read the note, he looked up and smiled at me, for a second I just stared but then I remembered that he smiled to me so I should probably smile back. His smile was small but genuine, it was a "pretty" smile and it brightened my day (literally). His smile wasn't the only thing pretty about him, he had beautiful deep brown eyes, soft brown hair (I mean it looks soft, I haven't touched it but you know what I mean), and it's styled perfectly but he still looks effortlessly. He is wearing a dark turquoise hoodie, a graphic tee and ripped black jeans. Again he looks amazingly effortless.