Rubik cube

"Ugh, remind me again why I came here..." Dinah whined while they walked into the diner. 

"You are my wing-woman" Lauren explained for the billionth time.

"So I have to talk to girls and tell them how awesome you are? I'm sorry Laur, but I don't-"

"You don't even have to talk to them, D! You just have to sit there, look pretty, and nod when I tell you to."

"Well, I got the 'looking pretty' part covered" she said while grinning.

They laughed and sat at a table while reviewing the plan. 

"Ok, so you got it?" Lauren asked.

"All clear. Choose your victim, Jauregui"

Lauren looked around the diner. There was a group of Barbie-looking girls in one of the tables. There were a few couples around the place as well. And in one little table hidden in a corner, the green-eyed girl saw a tiny brunette with a perfectly tanned skin, brown eyes and a beautiful smile, sitting opposite to a dark-skinned girl. Lauren smiled. There she was.

"I got it"

She took a rubik cube out of her backpack and handed it to Dinah so she could mix it up. The green-eyed girl waited patiently for the small girl to get up, for the simple reason that she was way too shy to aproach her, even more if she was with a friend. But the girl did get up, so Lauren wasted no time in ripping the cube out of the Polynesian's hands and getting up to meet the girl. 

"Hey" she said to the brunette, trying not to look as nervous as she felt.

"Hi" the small brunette answered shyly.

"Sorry, I was wondering, could you help me with something? It will only take five minutes, I swear."

The girl looked at her for a couple of seconds before answering "Ok, fine." She sighed. "What's up?"

"My friend over there" Lauren said pointing over her shoulder to where Dinah was sitting "says that I can't put together the cube in less than five minutes, and I say I can. So, we need a witness..."

"And you want me to be the witness?" the petit girl asked.

"Sure, why not?" Lauren shrugged.

The girl smiled. "Alright, let's see what you can do."

Lauren turned around and talked to Dinah. "Is she ok?" the green-eyed girl said pointing to the other girl.

The Polynesian girl answered by making an 'ok' sign with her hand and winking. Lauren turned back around to the other girl, showed her the cube and said: "Pick a color" while she put the most charming smile she had.

"You're pretty confident about this, aren't you?" she smiled.

"Not really," Lauren answered "but I'll tell you this: if I can put it together in less than 2 minutes, you have to let me invite you something to drink sometime."

The girl crossed her arms, looking directly at Lauren's eyes.

"And if you can't?" she asked.

"Then you are free to go, if you want to."

The smaller girl seemed to think about it for a second before she said: "Fair enough. Let's see if you can make it". The petit brunette pulled out her phone to use its chronometer. Then she looked back up with her big brown eyes and added: "Oh, and by the way, yellow."

Lauren smiled and the girl smiled back.

"Just tell me when to start" the taller girl said.

At this point, both Dinah and the girl's friend, Normani, were watching the interaction. The dark-skinned girl stood up just to go and sit right next to the Polynesian girl.