Every breath you take

"Damn it, Tony. What's it going to take for you to stop making reckless decisions." Yelled Steve.
They just got back from another mission and it yet again ended in a fight between the two of them. The battle itself wasn't that bad, it was just another science experiment gone wrong. We were doing well fighting the giant frog monster, when I realized we could have this rapped up with minor damage to the city block. So, I ran the numbers and took down the monster.
Except, my plan involved me going inside the frog thing, and the frog just so happened to breathe out acid that didn't mix well with the suit.
"I ran the numbers, Cap. I knew what I was doing and I knew this was the only way to finish it fast with minimal damage. " I yelled back. "The frog thing is defeated, there was no casualties, plus minimal street damage. Aren't you the one who's always saying that the less damage the better? Come on capsicle, nothing bad happened, no one died so it's really a win win here." Steve's face went red and his hands curled at his sides. Not good.
"Nothing bad happened? Tony, you could have died. Do you not understand how much that would affect m- the team." He says, voice going soft as he spoke the last few words that made my arc reactor skip a beat.
"Steve, come on I'm fine, see no need to worry. You know I always make it out alive." I told him voice going softer and understanding.
"You don't get it, Tony" he says, slowly walking towards me. "I've lost so much already, and- Tony you're my best friend, if I lost you-" he's so close now I can feel his breath hot on my skin, eyes wide and searching. "Just- try not to do it again" He walks away after that.

~~~~~~~

It's been four days after their fight and Cap has been doing a great job at ignoring him. He keeps looking at me with these sad eyes and every time I try talking with him, he insists he's fine and walks away to mope some more. I know it has to do with what he told me and losing everyone and everything he knew, but he won't even give me a chance to talk with him. So of course I came up with a genius plan. Today is team bonding night and we've decided to go to this new karaoke bar.
"So who's going to go up first" Clint said while downing his third drink of the night.
"How about you, bird brain" Natasha said pushing the song book towards him. I look at Steve and see him looking miserably at his untouched drink. I knew then what I had to do.
"Well, if none of you are going up there, I guess I'll just have to grace everyone with my angelic voice." I said, standing up and walking towards the stage. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I told the lady what song I wanted. Walking across the stage toward the microphone I looked at Steve and our eyes met.
"Hi everyone, Tony Stark here" everyone clapped and cheered. "This song goes out to someone really special to me. I know things have been rough but I want you to know that I see you, the real you" the slow melody starts to play and I lock eyes with Steve once again.
"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Oh can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take.

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please" I smile straight at Steve during the instrumental part. I see him smiling back at me, hopeful and wondering.

"Oh can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

(Every breath you take Every move you make Every bond you break)

I'll be watching you

( Every single day Every word you say Every game you play)

I'll be watching you

( Every move you make Every bond you break Every smile you fake)

I'll be watching you

( Every single day Every word you say) Ohh (Every claim you stake)

I'll be watching you"

The song slowly comes to an end, I'm still staring into Steve's azure eyes. I hear the crowd erupt in applause and the occasional wolf-whistle. I walk off the stage towards Steve. I really hope he doesn't hate me for this.
"Steve, I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes, ok most of the time, but I hate when we fight and the fact that you've been ignoring me, just kills me. God, Steve all I ever want is to make you happy and put a real smile on your face. I want you to know that you can talk to me, you don't have to avoid me Steve, your my best friend and I see you, the real you not the perfect soldier or the man out of time, but the amazing caring man with a heart of gold. I know you think you've lost everything, but you haven't." Steve is a few inches from me now, and god, he looks so beautiful.
"Tony I- the reason I kept avoiding you was because- well because I got scared." He looked away from my eyes, a slight blush forming on his cheeks. "Scared of what, Steve?" I questioned, voice wavering, needing to hear the answer but afraid of what he'd say.
"I got scared of how much I care about you. How I can't bare to lose you. H-how I love you so much, you don't even know what you do to me."
"Y-you love me?"
"Of course I do, shellhead. You and the avengers are all I have in this world. Without you I don't know how I'd survive-" I couldn't wait any longer, he said everything I needed to hear. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and closed the gap between us. When our lips finally met, it was everything I ever hoped for. The warmth of his mouth sent a current running through his body. I threw my arms around Steve's neck as I lost myself in his scent and soft lips. I felt his strong arms wrap around me pulling me closer to him.
"I love you too, winghead."