Chapter 2

The next morning I felt the warm embrace of a light against my skin and as I woke I found myself in a bed unclothed. I looked around the room and saw a man resting in the corner. My voice pitched and a loud sound of fright came from deep inside me.

He woke almost falling off the chair. He started talking to me.

"Me lady I beg thee to calm down, my name is Alexander the master spotted you and saved you. I am the doctor of this house hold I am ashamed to say your dress did not make it for I had to cut it off you. I shall call the master and inform you of your awakening"

I look around confused as he left the room laying back.

A strange looking man dressed in golden armour and a blood red cape walked in formally. His hair the colour of the sun and his eyes an endless ocean.

His voice was manly yet calming and deep. I did not know what was going on around me. Nothing is making sense. Then he spoke and the room felt even warmer but I know this was just my Imagination a feeling could never feel this good because life only exists out of manipulation and lies.

"Me lady, you finally woke from your slumber. Your skin was so cold I almost presumed your were dead but if it weren't for your faint heartbeat... this kingdom would have been missing one of its most beautiful roses. My name is Fabien Barontus. Who may you been me Lady."

I sat up trying to keep my body covered. "My... my... my name is Rebecca Lance my king I am but a commoner. A seamstress. I am no Lady."

He gave a faint smile "Every woman is a Lady in my eyes Rebecca. Please allow me the privilege of keeping you company."

I do not know how to respond to a king... but I have to be nice to the man who saved me. "you may Your highness I cannot deny the man who saved me nor the king any requests."

He smiled at me coming to sit on the edge of my bed. "Lady Rebecca why were you in the middle of the forest?"

I look down feeling the memories return all by one and somehow tears were unwillingly forcing themselves out of my eyes. "My lord I ... I... I...My heart was broken and I felt I had no will to go on much longer..."

He looked at me with a faint smile "Me lady ...You must not give up so easily... Your beauty will surely have gotten the attention of another and maybe better suitor."

I could feel myself warming up a bit. "I'm not beautiful at all if I was he wouldn't have left me for a rose bud."

I suddenly felt warms arms around my body. I looked at him not knowing what to do. His holding me... He smells of lavender. I felt my cheeks warming up as I try to keep myself covered.

He then whispered with his calming voice in my ear. "Do not fear Lady Rebecca. Please stay here for as long as you want. I'll have a dress brought in for you so you can join me for lunch in the garden."

"Thank you my lord I do appreciate what you are doing for me but I know you must be a busy man."

He let go of me pulling a stand of hare with in his hand smelling it. I found it very odd. He got up and left the room and a old woman entered the room with a new dress in her hands "Here you go, The king Requested i help you and comb your hair out of your face."

I got up blushing "No need I can dress by myself miss."

She nods leaving me alone to dress in peace. After putting on the dress I admired its beauty. I then pulled my hair back into a bun, pinning it down.

I walked towards the door somewhat confused and somewhat excited to have tea with the king...