Chapter 2

Matt's POV

I'm woken up by someone sobbing, I looked at the clock it's 1am in the morning, who was up at this time? I creeped out of my room and listened to where the sobbing was coming from, it sounded like it was coming from sophies room, I gently pushed the door open and it reveled Sophie, curled up on the floor crying, I ran over and sat her up, "Sophie are you okay? what's the matter? why are you crying? " I asked. she just looked at me and showed me her arm, it was covered in scars. I pulled her into a hug and she laid her head on ny chest, I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the living room, where I found Mitch laying on the couch, looking at his phone, he looked at me and then looked at Sophie, he sat up then motioned for me to set Sophie down  on the couch, I asked Sophie if she wanted a drink and she said yes so I went to the kitchen and made her, myself and Mitch a hot chocolate.and then brought them into the living room. once we all sat down I asked sophie " Sophie, you know you can tell us whats up, right? were your friends, we care", she looked down for a second before saying " okay, well I guess I'll start from the beginning, when I was 9 years old my mom and dad died in a car accident, leaving me in to go into adoption, I stayed in an adoption center till I was 12, when I was 12 a guy called Shane adopted  me, it was all nice for a while, but then he changed, one day he came home drunk, he started yelling at me and hitting me. this became a weekly thing, then one night he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up the stairs to his room, where he raped me and beat me. Everynight when I got home from school I'd go up in my room and cut my arms just to try and get rid of the pains. it stayed this way till I was 16"  Sophie burst into tears again and I just hugged her and told her everything was going to be okay, she lay down on my chest and just sobbed, Mitch gave her s hug and told her he would always be there for her, then disapeared to bed. I asked sophie if she wanted to watch a film to chear her up so we put in a film and sat on the couch, around half way through the film Sophie yawned and layed back on my shoulder then fell asleep. I picked her up and carried her to her bed, as I was about to leave grabbed my hand and whispered " matt don't go, I don't wana be alone pleese stay". I climbed in the bed next to her ( A/N not in a sexual way) and she snuggled up to me. not long after we both fell asleep.