chapter 3 - limguy

Nate's POV

I stare at her emerald green hazel eyes, drawn into their allure. She looks surprised and annoyed. I stop ringing the bell then lean back, amused.

"You!" She lets out a shriek and reaches for the bell, giving me a furrowed eyebrow and wrinkles her lips together. I let out a wide grin. "This is not funny!"

"Soooo..." I twirl my fingers around the top of the counter and stare her. The girl from the train station just stares back at me, narrowing her eyes.

"Yes?" she asks. I pause and wait for her to give me her best sarcastic reply. She doesn't. Instead she lets out a sigh and heads towards the back. Did she just ignore me??? I reach out for the bell and ring it again. One. Two. Three. Four. There's footsteps and the girl comes running to the front.

"WHAT???" Miss unimpressed gives me a death glare.

"I want some chips."

"Oh sure. That's $2.00 thanks." She takes the money and starts counting. I smile at the fact that for the first time i've actually given the right amount to someone.

"Here." she hands me back 20c and heads to the back, leaving me awestruck. Who hands back 20c when they could of just kept it? I know I wouldn't. I stare at the shop, not for the first time. I've been to Chandu's quite a few times. Their an indian takeaway that sells fast food - and lollies and stuff as well. The table has names engraved on them. Skulraz. Desta. Jrap. I know them all. They sell for our rival gang, the dopehazars. Ring. Ring. Ring.
"You're chips are done." I turn around and stare at miss unimpressed, gazing into the reflection of the sun.
"Thanks miss." Reaching out for the cup I place my arm on the counter and straighten my shoulders. "You're name?" She hesitates and I grin. I roll my eyes when she doesn't reply. "I just want your name that's all. I didn't say you have to go out with me. Yet." She glares at me but gives in to my charms.
"Desirée. My name is Desirée." I stare deeper into her green- brown eyes. Desirée. 
"What's your name?" I lean back. "Huh wah- oh, my name is..." God what's my name? I look around for a moment.
"Stark." Then give her my hand which she accepts with a smile.
"Staaaark."
"No. Its stark" I tease.
"Staaark."
"No its-"
"Whatever." She rolls her eyes then heads towards the back again.
"Hey miss." I try to stop her. " I want to buy some juice." She turns around then opens the fridge door with a thump.
"OK. Quick." She growls
"Hmmm." I scan the rows looking for a cheap and reasonable sized drink and smirk at the large green bottle. "I'll get a lim juice."
"A what?" She stares at me and I blush. Dude, since when do I blush?
"I said lime juice." She rolls her eyes and hands me the bottle and I leave the shop. Who knew a guy could be mortified? Behind me I hear a laugh.
"See ya limguy."