Chapter 2

We arrive at school and tell mom goodbye. Dad usually drives us to school but he is on a business trip.
     "YO ANA! OVER HERE!" I am greeted by Ariana as she runs towards me with Brooke.
     "Hey guys." I laugh. The bell rings and we head to first period, AP chemistry. Sadly, Melissa has the first three periods with me.
I walk into the science lab as Melissa sneaks around the corner and trips me. And boom, I'm on all fours as she kicks me on the side.
This is an everyday thing. Brooke goes up to Melissa and yells for Mrs. Simmers and Melissa got caught.
You can hear the whole class say "Oooooh." And then Mrs. Simmers tells Melissa, "If you think beautiful Anastasia is so ugly, why touch her? What's the point of hurting someone for no reason?"
The class gasps and you can hear Logan in the back yell "Leave her alone." I roll my eyes at that.
"GET ROASTED." A kid named Alfredo yells out.
I'm not hurt but I'm forced to go to the nurses office. Ari walks me there. I grab my notebook quickly out of my canvas bag and start writing the first letter for David so then I get to tell him all the gossip.
"Dear David" I write. "Today Melissa hit me after she tripped me. Once again. I wish you were here so you could sit next to you so you could comfort me. I'm not physically hurt but it hurts me that she became so rude after 3 days. I don't know if I'll ever forgive Logan. He stood up for Melissa. And I think Alfredo is my new best friend. He yelled 'Get Roasted!' And it was really funny. Instead of me waiting until you get back from your trip, I'll just send it there because the gave us the mail address for the cabins you are staying at. Miss you already!" I finished the letter off with my signature.

I rip out the page and ask the office for an envelope and give them a quarter for a stamp. I finish off the envelope and put it into my bag.
I see Bethany walk into the nurses office glaring at me. "Woah. Did you see that." I ask Ariana.
"Yep. What did you do?" She replies.
"I don't know let me go ask her."
I walk near the bed that Beth is laying on. She had a bloody nose and a black eye covered by an ice pack.
"Thanks for being friends with Melissa." She said sarcastically.

"What?" I ask Bethany with a confused look as she scoffs. "Excuse me?"

Bethany grits her teeth and says "Declan punched me in the face today." Her dark hair, which she gets from mom, blows across her face you you can only slightly see her bright green eyes, which she gets from dad, fill with tears.
I look at her surprised and without hesitation storm towards the first grade classroom.
Declan sees me through the window in the door and stares me down.
I walk into the classroom towards the teacher whose name I forgot, telling Declan to follow me. I explain to her what happened between him and my sister and next thing you know it, I don't see anything.
I still hear my thoughts.
Everything is black.
I feel pain.
Everywhere.