The best day

Eliza POV

What just happened, wait does this mean I could be adopted. I told Alfie and Zoe about my parents and how they died. I must admit it was hard to tell them as I was only 3 when it happened. It just felt so right telling them. They both hugged me and kissed me on the cheek as they left, they want to meet me tomorrow. I'm going to their house for a couple of hours to get used to them. But for now, I'm going to bed.

The next morning

Today's the day, the day I spend a whole 7 hours with my new 'parents'. Alfie's coming to pick me up at 9 and it's already 8:45. I haven't even showered yet, so that's the first thing I do. Taking my clothes off, I think about all the amazing things we could be doing today, ice skating, shopping and maybe even going to a theme park, I haven't been to once since Eric took us when I was 8. Once showered, dressed and ready I made my way downstairs to see a grinning Alfie at the door.

'Morning Eliza, I'm so sorry Zoe couldn't come pick you up as well but she's had to finish off some paperwork with a governor about your adoption so she'll be home a little later than us,' Alfie apologised.

'It's okay, I don't mind,' I said, sincerely.

'Good, come on then let's get going, it's a long drive to Brighton,'

'Okay, I'm really excited, I can't wait!'

Alfie guided me into the car like he was my dad, kissing me on the cheek as he closed the passenger seat car door. It just felt so right.

Zoe POV

I really wanted to go and pick Eliza up from the care home this morning but had to sign adoption papers from the Melrose Adoption Governor Society. The governors were all very nice to me but were worried about, the suspected brother of Eliza. I decided to call Alfie about the matter , I filled him in on the situation and we came up with a decision. We are going to find him and if he is Eliza's brother than we are going to adopt him. We are not going to tell Eliza though because if the boy isn't her brother than we don't want to get her hopes up.

Eliza's POV

Today was really fun, it was like a had a family, a real family. First, I went shopping with Zoe, Then rock climbing with Alfie, after that we all went mini golfing together. We even had a Nandos for lunch. Today was the best day I have had in years!