Utter Madness

Kevin POV
--------------------
I was sitting at Church, my mother and father next to me. The preacher, Dawn Right, was reading something from his notebook and kept glancing back at us. Usually I LOVE Church but due to Kirstie's meltdown I had become nervous and scared for her life. I was impatient and too afraid that if this meeting were to take too long that it may be too late to try and help Kirstie. I just sat on the couch, my eyes switching back forth, thumping my left foot repeatedly. I then gasped, startled and felt by phone buzz.

"Umm...excuse me but may I please use the restroom?!" I asked trying to smile politely as best as I could.

Mr. Right looked back at me and sighed.

"Kevin, I know that something is bothering you. Why don't you tell me?" He asked, hands folded, his glasses resting at the bridge of his nose.

"No no no it---"

"Young man, this is a church. A very, VERY safe place where I promise you that whatever it is that's bugging you will stay safe with me. Lips sealed and same for your parents." He grinned grabbing a pen and paper.

"No I---" Eyes widening I saw that a text from Avi had been sent to me. It read....

Avi: Hurry on over to Scott and Mitch's place. Shit is going down and my sister is.....

His text ended there and I knew that I had to leave and fast!

"I really REALLY---"

"KEVIN calm down! Whatever it is can probably wait. Mr. Dawn is wanting to talk to you about your future and what you---"

"WHOA WHOA WHAT....?!" My mom gasped, shocked at the anger and annoyance in my voice.

"I'm in Pentatonix which is like, the BEST job ever! Plus, my friends are there....no, my SIBLINGS! What's so wrong about---"

"Son, you can't be stuck singing pretty, teeny-bop tunes for the rest of your life! You NEED to have a more serious, professional job that'll actually help you when you're older and have a family!" My dad boomed, glaring at me.

"I DO! We make a lot of money, have loving fans worldwide, won a TON of awards, been acknowledged by some of the BIGGEST names in Hollywood, sold out INTERNATIONALLY, and it's actually fun and better than ANY kind of doctor's degree that could ever exist and I wouldn't just want to leave Mitch, Scott, Kirstie and Avi alone! They NEED me! I need THEM!" I practically yelled.

"Son, Pentatonix won't be together forever! You're in a BAND! Someday, you'll all want to do your own things and leave. Bands do that all the time! You need to have another plan for whenever that happens and make money and be able to feed more than just your mouth! Think about it..." My father said rubbing my mother's shoulders.

"I'm aware that you guys have never really been a big fan of the whole music thing ever since I had won The Sing-Off, but you need to know that I'm an adult now and I can do whatever I want. Music gives me life and I need it more than anything. I don't know why exactly it is that this whole thing is not settling well with you but you need to understand that no matter what you say or do I won't EVER leave my friends. I'm sorry,  but I need to go." I said angrily walking to the door.

I sighed and turned around seeing that my mom has started tearing up.

Grinning sadly, I walked back and gave her a soft, loving kiss on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I said more calmly and softly. Ignoring my fathers harsh glare, I rubbed my mother's shoulder and walked back towards the door. Gulping I opened it slowly, slamming it on my way out.