Chapter Ten

My eyes were swimming with the deaths I've witnessed and caused during the Trilogy. When I reached where I watched my arrow hit Tori, I screamed and awoke.

My room around me was dark and the clock read that it was half-past midnight. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I picked up the photo on my bed stand and switched on the bedside lamp.

There, laughing as if the world couldn't be better, was me, Thalia, Ginny, Piper, and Prim. This was the photo we took after we woke up in the first aid room, said to be found unconscious near the edge of the field.

We figure out that we'd have nightmares even before we woke up in the sickbed. So we decided to take this photograph to remind ourselves that we didn't go through it alone.

Thinking back on some of it, I gained some useful experiences from it. The bond between the five of us has indeed grown stronger. Though we don't let it show, every day we share each other's dreams and comfort one another.

I also reached out to Tori and asked for forgiveness for ignoring her for so long, just because she wanted to be honest with me. This seems to have taken her by surprise. Of course, she doesn't remember anything, but I no longer wanted to ignore her. Also, my mother's advice proved to be true. Forgiving and letting go is so much better than holding grudges.

I also answered a question I had at the beginning of The Trilogy. The name Dimentrice may not have a direct meaning but it holds a secret word. Divergent. Here it is meant to mean being accepted into many worlds. And from what I went through, I could easily accept it as true. It also explains how we survived the games.

One more thing held my mind. I realized the shadow I repeatedly saw in the games, had been helping me out all the way through the competition. The last time I saw the shadow, I did recognize him and I understood why he did show himself much. But I still owe him my gratitude. And the next time I see him, and I will see him, I'll make sure he'll see it clearly.

For now, I enjoy my normal life but braced myself to accept any kind of challenge that comes my way, because, as it is mentioned in Percy Jackson, one challenge is only the entrance to a world of adventures.

****