Chapter 2

"Congratulations kiddo, you have now joined the Survey corps"

Everything was really confusing for Eren at first. He didn't event know if he wanted to understand all of this 'survey corps' either.

"What?" Eren looked confused at the shorty.

"Listen closely now. We are in some kind of group, like FBI, but we do it our own way. We call ourselves Survey corps and we are all over the world. And our enemies are out there trying to destroy us, and you unlucky bastard happened to be near our base, where it was an attack"

"Wait, are you criminals?" Eren asked.

"No, we're cooperating with the police" Erwin stated.

"And you're here to help us destroying the enemy, even if you like it or not" Levi stepped in. "And if you're thirsty for revenge, you should really start getting ready"

"So what exactly am I going to do?"

"We will train you up and we'll start tomorrow"

"But where should I sleep?"

"Well, he's your pet Levi. Where should he sleep?" Erwin smirked as Levi just growled.

"You can sleep at the couch"

Eren nodded in understatement.

...

The night fell quickly and Levi stood in the bathroom brushing his teeth as Eren came in.

"Uhm sir, sorry if I'm bothering, but I don't have a toothbrush" Eren asked shyly.

"Just call me Levi" he said. "I will buy a toothbrush to you tomorrow, and here you have a tee shirt"

He threw a shirt at him. Eren stood there for a moment, wondering what he should do.

"Come on, strip" he demanded as Eren did what he said. He took of his shirt and then put on the other, while Levi watched the whole thing. Eren have always been really confident, which surprised Levi.

He walked out and sat down on the couch that he had sat on earlier. There was already a duvet and a pillow. After a few minutes he came out of the bathroom.

"Goodnight then" he said and walked into the bedroom.

"Goodnight" Eren whispered as he laid down and fell asleep quickly.

...

Gunshots.

There was gunshots everywhere.

And fire.

There was fire filling my eyes.

I couldn't see.

Everything was blurry.

Blood.

Everywhere.

There was blood on the ground,
on my clothes, and...

There was dead bodies.

Not just any bodies.

Mom!

Dad!

...

Eren woke up with tears in his eyes and his heart was pounding fast.

It was only a nightmare.

He saw the clock that was hanging on the wall. It was 3 a.m.

Just now he noticed Levi standing in the room.

"I heard you cry so I just had to check if everything was fine"

"It was only a nightmare"

"I see. I used to have nightmares constantly when I lost my parents" he said. "So you're not the only one kid"

"You lost your parents?"

"Yeah, the same way like your parents"

"How did you get over it?"

"I'm not, but I try to not think about it"

"Oh"

"You need some sleep. It's going to be a long day tomorrow kid"

"I'm not a kid"

"Yes you are"

Eren sighed and laid down again.

"Oh, and Levi?"

"Mhm?"

"I'm looking forward to hear more about you"

Levi didn't answer. Instead he just stood there and watched the brunette slowly falling asleep, and then went to his room again.