7.

"Hello my name is Eleanor, how can I help?"

He sat there silent for a second, making sure he couldn't hear his mom.

"H-hello Eleanor."

"Oh, it's you again. What happened to you the other night?"

He wanted to talk about it with her, but he just wasn't ready to open up that much.

"The power went out."

"Ah, I see. So anyway, let us get to know each other. What's your name?"

"H-Harris."

"That's a lovely name, Harris. My name's Eleanor, although you already know that don't you?."

She laughed slightly.

He smiled as she did so, her laugh was contagious.

It made him slightly happy, happier than he probably would admit.

"Hello, Eleanor."

"Now that we are finally on first name basis, let us talk about you a bit more."

"W-what do you need to know."

"I don't need to know anything, I'm just here to listen. Hearing about you as a person is just a bonus that helps me understand you more. If you don't want to tell me anything, that's perfectly okay."

He smiled again. She was so nice to him.

"Well..."

He could hear footsteps coming up the stairs and he panicked again.

"I uhm...I have to go."

"That's fine, but call again tomorrow okay?"

Even though she seemed okay with it, her tone said differently. She was worried about him.

She was worried more than she dared to admit.

Beep, beep.

He hung up.