Scars

before he said that he loved her,  I'd loved him with all my heart.  now that it's done, I can't say any different about the feelings I have for him.  he's perfect to me but she's perfect to him, I have my eye set on someone's back and for what? just to witness heartbreak, I believe.   she does love him and he feels the same but all I feel is the metaphorical knife he has stabbed me with. I scream in pain, I fall to the floor, and what he does is nothing because he can't see me.  he sees her back just like I saw his, for she has her mind set on another boy because he was busy taking care of me.  what a terrible person I am for coming between them.  they belong together.  and me and him, we do not.  I may have pulled the knife out but, my friend, that nasty scar will be there forever.  he feels the pain that I did at one point, betrayal.  there is no way to overcome it.  heartbreak will pass but betrayal will never leave.  you will always remember that you cannot trust the one that has betrayed you.  she will have blood on her hands, but care she doesn't because the new man is here to take care of it for her.  she is evil and he was a witness.  he admired the evil the same way a lion is attracted to a zebra.  her beautiful patterns and tones and textures can hypnotize him.  perhaps it's a cycle.  perhaps her new man will betray her much like she did him and he did me.  is she evil or the same as me? that we will never know.  the knife wounds will heal and only a faint reminder of it will be there further more.  scars tell stories.  stories tell about you.  let your stories tell if your strength not your weakness.