Chapter 1

(Mollie's POV)

I had just brushed my teeth and washed my face, and was about to change into some pajamas for the night. As I walked into my bedroom to change out of that day's clothes, my cell phone began to ring. I was confused. Why would anyone be calling me at 11:00 at night? I walked over to my nightstand where I was charging my phone. I unplugged it and saw the caller ID, it said Frankie. I accepted the call and brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Franks, what's up? You are aware that it's 11:00, right?" I said into the phone.

I heard muffled crying coming from the other end of the line.

"Frankie, what's wrong?" I asked her through the phone, my eyes growing big.

She sniffled and said "Mollie... I-I did something bad."

"What did you do Frankie?" I asked, alarmed by this sudden call.

"If I tell you, do you promise you won't be mad?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly at the end.

"I can't imagine ever being mad at you Frankie. Don't worry babe, you can tell me anything." I asked, my hands beginning to shake from the nervousness I was feeling.

"I... can you just come over?" I heard her sob. "It might be easier for me to s-show you rather than tell you."

"Okay Frankie, stay right where you are. I'll be over in 10 minutes." I said into the phone.

"Okay..." She said, before hanging up.

I grabbed a jacket from my closet, shoved my phone into my pocket, put on some boots, and rushed out to my car. At that point, I didn't even care if I had no makeup on. I just needed to get to Frankie as soon as possible. My car zoomed down the road towards her flat. I nervously gripped the steering wheel, my knuckles beginning to turn a pale white color. When I reached her building, I got out of the car and rushed up the stairs to the lobby. I got into the elevator and pushed the button that said 5. The lift brought me up to the 5th floor- Frankie's floor. As soon as the elevator let me out, I rushed over to Frankie's door. I knocked on it a few times and waited in silence, nervously playing with the hood strings on my jacket. The door opened up about halfway, and Frankie stuck her head out to see who it was. When she saw that it was me, she immediately flung the door open the rest of the way and pulled me in, shutting it behind me with a loud thud.

"Frankie, what's wrong babe?" I asked, startled.

She had tears and mascara running down her cheeks.

She shook her head and sobbed. "I don't even know why I did it Molls."

I wrapped my arms around her, providing support to her small, shaking body. She hugged me back with her trembling arms.

"Shh... shh..." I said to her, gently stroking her soft brown hair. "I'm here now Frankie, tell me what you did. I won't get mad at you."

I held her for a few moments before she stepped back, and slowly pulled up her left sleeve... There were fresh cuts scattered all across her wrist. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. I looked up from her wrist, and into her eyes. She looked so scared and upset.

She yanked her sleeve back down. "Please don't hate me. I didn't even know what I was doing till it was too late."

I shook my head and said "Frankie... What- why? I don't understand."

"I- I just... I-" She tried to speak but it was too much for her.

Tears streamed down her face. She ran to her room and slammed the door shut behind her. I stood there, unable to take it all in. I was so confused and upset. How could she do this to herself? And why?