Under the Cherry Blossom Trees

It had been a morning like any other, and Kiku barely suspected that it'd change in to an eventful one. The Japanese man was helping himself to a cup of coffee and a good book he had picked up recently at the library. The sound of birds chirping outside and the warmth passing through the window in the living room set a relaxed atmosphere and soothed him. It was especially easy to maintain a calm demeanor in the early days of Summer.

However, the peace was interuppted by a knock at his door, causing his brown eyes to dart away from the words on the pages of his book. That was strange. He wasn't expecting visitors today. Nonetheless, he set his book down on the side table next to the couch and got up, approaching the door and opening it.

He was greeted by a set of familiar green eyes, and a tall man who wore them. Then, his memory finally came rushing back. How could he forgot that Heracles was visiting from Greece to sightsee for a few days?! Kiku mentally scolded himself for forgetting such an occassion.

"Ah, Heracles." Kiku bowed at him as he did with everyone. "I'm very sorry. I forgot you were coming. Had I remembered would I have picked you up from the airport."

"I don't mind." Heracles replied in his practically emotionless voice. He was much like Kiku. A calm, nonchalant introvert. "I was able to stop a taxi."

Kiku nodded, stepping aside and granting Heracles entry in to his home. "That is good. Come in. You can set your bags by the door for now."

The Greek man replied with a nod and stepped through the door, setting his bags on the floor beside it and examining the interior of the house. It looked like he was zoning out, just staring with the same look on his face he had 24/7. But Kiku knew he was just looking around.

"You have a very nice home, Kiku." He complimented simply. A faint smile crossed Kiku's face as he nodded.

"Why, thank you Heracles. I tend to keep it on the cleaner side." He informed.

"My house is very dirty." Heracles said. "The furniture is torn up. And some of it reeks of cat urine." It was then that he looked over his shoulder at Kiku. "Is Sadik coming?"

A spark of nervousness went off inside Kiku. He knew that Sadik and Heracles weren't very friendly to each other, but he knew that wouldnt be a problem. Sadik wasn't even coming.

"A-ahm, no." His response came. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I don't want him showing up and ruining things." There was a hint of anger in both the Greek man's voice and facial expression. "I want this to be some time just for you and me."

"L-let's talk about something else." Kiku said quickly as he sat back down on the couch. "I have a lot planned for your visit. We can start the day off with a visit to one of the Japanese gardens. They are quite a site, if I do say so myself."

There we're several moments of silence, before Heracles barely nodded. "Sure."

"Splendid." Kiku smiled. "Would you like to leave now? If you'd like to stay and recover from the flight, that is okay too."

"No. We can leave now." Heracles assured. Kiku nodded and stood back up, grabbing his house key from it's hanger on the wall and sliding it back in to his pocket. "Let's leave, then. The garden is walking distance from here."

*~*

A screeching sound emitted from the gates as they were opened, and the two stepped through them in to the glorious garden that awaited. The golden sun shone brightly on the garden and complimented the flowers and greenery perfectly. Kiku sighed in satisfaction, taking in the smell of nature that lingered through the air. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

He looked at Heracles and waited for his approval, seeing his eyes reflect the variety of color before them. He nodded. "Yes. It is. Shall we start walking?"

"Hai."

The two walked side by side, embracing the beauty that engulfed their surroundings. There were several moments of silence that Kiku broke by speaking.

"I'm very happy I can share this with you, Heracles. Not many people come here that often."

He only nodded. Heracles seemed to be thinking about something. Kiku put his hands behind his back awkwardly and looked downward, but looked up once again when he spotted a large cluster of pink leaves. He was greeted by a large forest of cherry blossom trees in front of him, the ground coated with the pink leaves.

"Ah, this part is especially beautiful." Kiku smiled. "Cherry blossom trees are one of things I really like."

No response.

Kiku felt worried. Was there something wrong with Heracles? Had he hurt his feelings? The pair continued on until Heracles stopped after about five minutes.

Once he realized that the only footsteps he could hear were his own, Kiku looked back in confusion. "Is there something wrong, Heracles?"

"You know, I've been thinking..." His voice trailed off. "For the entire flight...I didn't feel excited to see the scenery here. I felt excited to see you, Kiku."

There was definitely something up. Heracles didn't usually say things like these, but he continued anyways.

"Japan is beautiful, but what makes it even more beautiful is that you're here with me to see it. It may not seem like it, but I'm really enjoying my time here so far because you're here with me."

"Heracles-"

Kiku was cut off as he felt himself dip back a bit. He gasped once he realized that he he was in Heracles's arms, their faces unbelievably close. Heracles was usually a hard guy to read, but Kiku could see a trace of love in his eyes.

"Aishiteru, Kiku." Was what he whispered. Kiku's face turned the darkest shade of red at that moment.

Heracles looked away slightly, his brows tilting upward to represent sadness. "I...I wanted to tell you because I was afraid Sadik would tell you first. And I didn't want him taking you away from me."

Kiku rested a hand on the other's cheek and smiled. "You don't have to worry." He said softly. "I love you too, Heracles."