Intro

When our eyes met, it was like I had found myself. All this time I had felt so lost, wondering where I should go; who I really was. I felt like I was missing something, and that something was him. I remember where we met: a beautiful little ball in Paris. It was brief but it was all we needed. I think he knew it too. The way we caught each others attention. I was nothing spectacular, so how did I end up catching the eye on an enigma of perfection? He was beauty at its finest, dressed in a suit topped with blue eyes and a slick smile. I almost melted when we made eye contact, and I did every time after. It was like a cool breeze would cascade over my skin and molten magma would envelop my insides all at the same time. The hottest and coldest feelings all at once. My breathing would hitch, and all I could do is stop and stare.

I remember struggling with my ball gown, tripping behind my friend. I didn't fall, but I had to stop in the midst of the crowd to adjust my heels. When I glimpsed up, we met. He was a couple feet away, and he just happened to glimpse my way just as I glimpsed up. I suppose I caught sight of his diamond blue eyes, and I suppose my eyes had the same effect as his on him. He stared, his expression wavering between words and a smile. Eventually he gave me a stunning, jaw dropping from and nodded towards me before he returned to his friends. I looked down at my heel and coaxed myself into breathing again. Then I continued behind my friend. It wasn't until later that night that my friend happened to introduce me to a man who introduced me to a man who introduced me to him. He stared at me again with his brilliant blue eyes and slick smile, "Sebastian," he said. I licked my lips subtly and replied, "Anastasia." I held my hand out to shake his, but he took in into his and brought it to him lips, kissing the silk fabric that covered my hand. Regardless, his kiss emanated fire that spread within me. These sudden bursts were quick and intense, making it hard to stay completely composed around this man.

"A pleasure," I smiled as he released my hand.

"The pleasure's mine, Anastasia." He smiled back.

"Now how about one more dance before we end the night!" Sebastian's friend, a gorgeous blonde man built out of brick encouraged. And so we danced. Sebastian was just as flamboyant as his friend, gladly offering his arm to me, in which we went back inside and danced longer than we planned. It was intense to say the least. He stared at me the whole time, never speaking, just looking. I tried to speak, but had no words. Eventually, I was in his arms. Partially because my feet were killing me, and because they had slowed the music down. The steady beat of his heart had me dozing off. I was so comfortable, so at home in the arms of a man I didn't even know. When it was time to part, he took my hand again and kissed it, then pulled me close, "Until next time, Anastasia."

I couldn't wait until next time.