CHAPTER 30 (Searching for a Needle in a Haystack)

Guren's PoV'You heard that, Guren? Your precious little sister got killed'"That's impossible

Guren's PoV
'You heard that, Guren? Your precious little sister got killed'
"That's impossible. She has Daitan. He knows they'll both die if Haru gets killed"
'There are reasons that death for the two is possible. Their guard can get let down...the enemy is a lot stronger...or...they may had a fight or an argument against each other......if you and I had a disagreement so serious; then I ain't helping you'
"...Still..."
'There, there...Surrender yourself to me and we'll rescue your dearest angel...we'll see if they're telling the truth or not...now, let's go'
"...Why are you suddenly being nice? I thought you disliked her"
'Oh, no reason'

3rd Person's PoV
"Eh? But Ferid, that girl can't die, right?"
"It's obviously an escape plan; it can be a very clever idea...or a really idiotic one"
"I see...then, there's nothing to worry about, Chess is with her, right? We'll just have to find them. If she's injured, then there's not really much of a problem-"

While they were busy. The ravenette got loose of the rope tied to his wrists. He found his exit chance and made his way
"Hey-" (Horn)
"Don't stop him; he's just about to go after his sister. And he'll make our work easier" (Ferid)
"What do you mean by that?" (Crowley)
"He'll find the girl for us and if there's any chance we can also get a bonus. We do have to find out the location of our enemies" (Ferid)

...

Guren arrived but the place was empty. No presence of human or vampire, but there were blood; a dump of blood at a certain point. Kneeling down and testing the blood with his fingers; tainting them in red "This is hers..."

He stood and found some traces of more leading out a broken window. It won't be good if she's in a desperate situation, worse, if the blue-haired noble found her. He did not hesitate and followed the tracks

The tracks ended mid-way, probably so no one can trace her. The hard part now is finding where she is.
'Hurry up, Guren, time's ticking'
"I know, shut up"
I'm going to find her. I'm going to find her just in time. I don't want to see her dead before I can even get to her

Haru's PoV

"Yu, Mika, I'm sorry, I won't be able to come with you. I still have to find Guren"
"Haru...I ain't trying to be personal...but...I had been itching to ask you...What happened between you and Guren? Didn't you used to hate him for leaving you?"

'Damn...I guess we really were suspicious'

"Yes, I hate him; I used to hate him. That was the past, everything changed" I forced a smile
"...Are you in a relationship with him?"
"Yu-chan, don't you think that's a bit too-"
"He's my brother" They paused and stared at me like 'What?' There's no reason hiding it from them in the first place. I know I can trust them in this "I'm not from your orphanage, right? Well, before I lost my memories, I was; in fact, Ichinose Guren's younger sister. We got separated before I ended up in your hands"

I summarized them the rest and I had also mentioned about our plan and so on and so fort
"Now go! The others are waiting. I'll come back after"
"We aren't leaving without you! You're injured! And those vampires are after you, right? You're coming with us!
"I'll only drag us down. The others need you more, I promise, I'll catch up with you guys at the airport, just please, go!"

Yu whispered something to Mika, they nodded and left me. I sighed and decided to stay for a minute.

The moment I step my foot out the door; that feeling of danger hit me. I quickly set aside seeing as a sword got sent down and stuck to the same spot where I positioned my foot
"You're really good at reading the situation here, Haru Ichinose"

The owner of that familiar voice went down. It was the blue-haired. 'She's been listening the whole time!?'
"Now, now, little girl, if you'll just behave and stay here then everything's going to be fine, while we wait for Crowley-sama to come here and get us" She smiled

I tried attacking her but she just keeps on jumping back and dodging every swing I make. She suddenly kicked the part where she pierced my chest; I got sent back and start coughing out blood. My vision's blurring, my conscience is fading. I fell to my front

"Whoa, did I miss something?"

A different voice came from afar
"No, you were right in time, Crowley-sama" I managed to lift my head a bit to gaze at the direction the blue-haired pointed. The small image of three nobles came walking from a horizon

I tsk-ed 'There's no way I'm getting out of here now'

"Let's not push this too far, alright? We won't hurt you~" The blue-haired sang
"Y-you just did"

They were getting closer. My heart feels like it has won a marathon. Is this my end?

*Beeeeeeeep* *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

A black-haired came out of the rampaging vehicle and went head-on with the blue-haired noble. My attention got caught when my body got lifted from behind me
"Mika...?" He pulled me in from my collar, gently placed me at the backseat, called for Yu, stepped on the pedal, and drove fast like there's no tomorrow
"I'm sorry, we got here late"

Yu jumped in the front-seat from the window like he's some kind of actor from an action movie. He and Mika had a small talk while I drift off to who-ever-knows
"Haru-chan! Don't close your eyes!"
"Oi! Haru!"

Guren's PoV

I stopped at my tracks when I saw the blue-haired noble; her appearance may be near Haru. By the time that I was about to go to the scene, I sensed the other three nobles presence; cursing those bastards for appearing in the wrong time. I don't want to end in their hands again, so I hid myself inside an abandoned car. I peaked and saw how the Blond vampire took Haru. Well, I'm half glad that Yu came, and half not if something happens to her, but, what bugs me is that 'why did the nobles not chase after them? They're after Haru, right? And they could easily catch up with the vehicle...unless...'

"Why shouldn't we chase her? Crowley-sama?" (Chess)
"We can get her later, besides, her true monster's about to come out" (Ferid)
"I'm talking to Crowley-sama, not you, and what do you mean by that?" (Chess)
"Don't you think it's weird that her cuts aren't healing?" (Ferid)
"You did not explain a word" (Chess)
"Chess, do you know where they're going?" (Crowley)
"Yes, Crowley-sama, the girl mentioned something about an airport" (Chess)

Ferid looked at my direction "You can come out now" He smirked