Chapter 1

I woke up to my alarm blaring pierce the veil into my ears.  I'm a really heavy sleeper so i have to keep my phone up to my ears while i sleep in order for me to wake up.  I let my eyes get adjusted to the light, weird I thought, I remember closing my curtains last night.

           I have blackout curtains that I need to close because of the bright sun in Chino Hills, California.  I shook it off as i jumped in the shower to get ready for school.  I am a sophomore in high school with perfect grades.  I'm an outcast and i guess you can say I'm a class pet too.  I get along with everybody, don't get me wrong.  I just don't let people get close to me in fear that they are just being nice because of who I am.

           My father is the owner of hot topic.  Surprising right?  Well my mother works in the music industry so she's rarely home along with my father.  We are very wealthy I guess you can say rich I just hate using that term.  So while my parents are home I get to stay with my maid who takes on a parent figure.  She signs papers for me, cooks for me, and looks out for me.  

           I started walking towards school having it being a twenty minute walk and me being too young to drive, my neighbor also best friend Cam stepped out the same time as me.  We looked each other up and down and laughed.  We had on the exact same outfit, we went to a school with uniforms but on Monday's we choose what we wear. 

         We both had on black joggers and a blue Nike hoodie with black converse.  Cam and I have been best friends since birth he's like the brother I've had, twin actually seeing as we have the same birthday.  "Twinning for the twins what are the odds" he joked walking up to me liking our arms together.  The thing about him is he's in closet gay, he's had a boyfriend Shawn for over a year now and they are sooo cute, just not ready to tell anyone yet.

        As we near the school talking about pointless things I see a figure jump like freaking spider-man from one tree to another.  I stop talking to Cam and start thinking to myself, I've been seeing a lot of strange things lately and having weird dreams.  I usually forget them when I wake up but the one thing I remember is a boy who's really - "El? Ellieeee, Ellllll" I hear someone calling waking me from my thoughts.  "C'mon we're gonna be late again, and I need to go see Shawn" Cam nearly shouts.  "It's okay you can walk ahead I need a minute" I explained.  "Are you sure?" he looks down at me with hesitant and worry in his eyes.  "Yes Cam I'll see you second block now shoo" I pushed him lightly with a slight grin on my face.  "Ohkayy but details later" he calls out walking backwards winking at me.

       I sit down and just get some peace and quiet before school started.  I thought about my birthday coming up in a week and that made me feel slightly better.  I heard the five minute bell ring and started making my way to English.