Chapter 2

It has only been a week of school, and already I wanted to quit. I either got looks of pity or disgust, neither which I wanted. Harlow and Quinn were super supportive and friendly, but something is still off with Natasha. She never spoke to me unless we were in our group, and even then so it seemed forced.
I turn the corner of Evanon's courtyard and run into Donovan again. Instantly, he steadies me with concern in his eyes.
"Sorry about that, are you alright?" He asks. Giving him a weird look, I nod and try to walk around him, when he stops me.
"We need to talk."
---
"Look, I don't know what you want, but I've got to go. If I'm not home, my parents will be pissed." We are now in an empty hallway of the school. Donovan gives me a knowing look.
"That never concerned you before."
"That was before...the incident." I reply, not wanting to dive into details of my past.
"You mean before you tagged along Bri's dangerous mission? Why do you care now? What happened to my free and rebellious Hadley?" Donovan questioned, getting a little louder.
I glare at him harshly. "I'm not your Hadley. I never was and things are different now." I turn away, heading back out the door when I am stopped once again.
"I know where you are going, and I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not."
---
Unknown P.O.V.
"I know where you are going, and I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not." What? Well that is shocking. I cannot believe he's going to follow that maniac. I hope he doesn't mind getting killed.
I slowly back away from the corner and pull out my cell phone. There is no way I'm going to let Marquette win again.
She's coming for you, and she's got a friend.
I click send, a smirk forming on my face. They are not going to know what hit them when they meet the Mort clan. It looks like only one person is getting their revenge and she isn't named after a stupid flower.
---
Hadley's P.O.V.

I pull the door to my old dorm room shut, trying to be quiet. Too bad this old church-turned-school is quite old, the gothic floors creaking as I walk down the stairs.
"Where do you think you're going?" Oh crap. I turn around slowly to see Harlow, Quinn and a guy that looks familiar.
"No where, who are you?" I turn towards the guy who is standing uncomfortably and staring at me.
"This is James, he is new this year and our friend." Quinn responds. I nod in response. He does look oddly familiar.

Briselle and I had been gone for about a week, yet it has felt like forever. We have barely gotten anywhere in tracking the Carpe Diem clan. We are currently on a break from trekking through the woods and I throw a large rock at a bush in anger when there is a sudden movement. Cautiously, I look towards my sister and we nod at each other. I slowly walk to the bush where the sound came from and pull out my knife.
"Woah! Watch it! I'm not here to hurt you!" A males voice says, falling back from the shrubbery. I lower my knife down when I hear the British voice. Suspiciously, I observe him. Black hair, green eyes, average height, about my age. He's pretty nice looking, I guess.
"Who are you and why are you here." Briselle puts her knife closer to him, not hesitating for a second.
"I'm James Cannion, I'm a vampire hunter sent to follow and help you."

"What are you doing here?" I ask forcefully, stepping closer to him. He smirks back, but in his eyes I see sadness.
"Long time no see, need any help?" James asks, his eyes twinkling with mischief now. Quinn looks between us too with confusion.
"Did you guys meet-" She asks before I cut her off.
"Yes." I stare at James for a few seconds longer, fighting many voices inside of my head. "Fine, James will come with me. Anyone else?" Quinn and Harlow look at each other for a few seconds.
"We're in."
---
"God, I said to grab a few things, not a few people!" Exclaims Donovan.
"This was my idea, whoever wants to come, can come." I reply shrugging my shoulders, honestly I don't really care what he thinks.
"Whatever," Donovan huffs. "What about Nat?"
"She's not acting like herself lately, she wouldn't agree with what we are doing." Harlow says, stating what we all were thinking. Donovan hesitates, but nods.
"Let's go."

---
Okay, so this is my first fanfic, but I have a ton of ideas for like Marvel, and other fandoms. I actually don't really like vampire stories, but I hope this one is different. Please comment, vote or whatever. If I have spelling errors, please tell me because I know it irks me when I see errors. Thanks!
-Mia