Chapter one

I woke up at 5:45, that morning, like every other, and got to my early bird Latin class "not a minute sooner and certainly not a minute later" as the Green Fields Boarding hand book says has to be done, or else you get thrown into the County Orphanage. Green Fields, or at least the boarding part, is specifically meant for gifted and/or talented orphans.

So why the hell am I here? Well the administration at the orphanage noticed I'm great when it comes to anything that involves anything medical, which explains why they picked me for their experiment. The people who ran the County Orphanage while I was still there also noticed that I could pick up what people from other countries were saying, even though I'd never heard that language before. My parents must've must've traveled frequently because when I had gotten to the CO I could already speak Bits of Italian, German, French, Spanish, Gaelic, and of course the well known English. So here I am at Green Fields Boarding, about to head out of the Latin Language building when I hear Victoria Cruz, my apartment neighbor, shout my name from the back of the building.

"Piper!!" She screeches a bit too loudly.

"What's up Cruz?" I say a in a normal voice since she's caught up to me.

"There's a bunch of official government type guys outside all of the exits looking for you." she whispered.

"How do you know they're here for me and not for somebody else?"I ask painting a skeptical look on my face.

"Because they stopped me at the entrance, pulled me aside, and asked me if I 'knew the whereabouts of Piper MacNamera"

"Did you tell them?"

"All I said was that you were in one of the language buildings, but knowing you that could've been any language building on campus." She playfully nudges my arm at that.

"Now they have government people outside of every single language building on campus"she reported.

"Even the Afrikaans building??"

"Even the Afrikaans building."

I ran into a classroom to look out its window to see she was, indeed, correct. Each surrounding building, including the Afrikaans building, had at least four of the officials outside each of their exits.

"Alright Vic I'm going to see what they want. I'll see ya 'round." I ran out Latin and into an army of who knows what. The second my left foot stepped over the threshold, an official grabbed my bag, a second grabbed my left arm, and a third grabbed my right arm. The fourth put two hands above my shoulder blades and pushed. You didn't need to have a medicinal gift in order to know I was getting knocked out. Before I could do a thing, my vision faded to black and my hearing was drowned in silence.