Normal

It was a normal day. Nothing new, nothing special. It was the usual, talking in the living room with his brother and sister.

Cole, an 8 year old boy, was living a normal day. At least, it was a normal day.

The oldest brother, Derek, gets a phone call. Answering it he immediately grabs the remote and turns the TV on. The two youngest stare confused but watch as Derek puts the news on.

He hangs up the phone while the three siblings watch.

There was a car crash. A truck that was carrying a load of wood and a regular car. They crashed. The man in the car had died. The man in the car, the man who was the cousin of the siblings had died.

The three were shocked. They had found out that their cousin was no longer in this world. The two eldest were already in tears, but the young one, Cole, was confused.

Died?
But we knew him. He can't die, right?

So the little boy didn't cry that night. He didn't understand that night.

~*~

The siblings and family are at the funeral. Everyone is talking, talking about how great he was. Cole was getting an understanding as to what was happening.

In the end, the three siblings went up. They stood in front of the coffin. There laid the cousin.

At this moment, Cole realized what happened. He broke down. Cried. Couldn't stop. It just kept coming down, the tears kept flowing.

The first time he ever lost someone. He never knew how it felt until then. He never wants to feel it again.

~*~

So this was a short story of a boy named Cole, who found out how much it hurts to lose someone. But no matter how hard it is, he got through it. It took some time but now the boy is living normal once again.

Letting yourself be weak at a moment is okay. You can't always be strong. But just know it'll be okay in the end. You know they'll be somewhere great. Somewhere where happiness is eternal.

So just let it all out.

It's going to be alright.