RED 3

RED 3

We remained just like that. Me, hoisted up to his waist, straddling him. His face resting just on top of my cleavage. Feeling his every hot breath that befall from his lips that appeared hewn perfectly from a stone.

"Stop me." He whispered once more, his voice drenched in despair, gritting his perfect white teeth.

Suoh? In despair? I wouldn't have thought, never will I imagine.

I didn't know what he wanted me to do. Stop him from what? From making love with me, from hurting me, or from something else? What?

He had always confused. And every damn time, he wouldn't give an explanation.

"W-what's wrong Suoh?" I asked, my voice sounding worried. My hands that snaked around his neck, moved softly to caress his hair.

A fist flew just beside my face. Debris fell from the broken dent of the concrete wall. My breathing hitched from the shock and I felt my heart stopped for a while.

My hands instinctively shot back to cover my self, half fist formed at my face. And I waited for another.

I never thought like this before, but I was afraid of Suoh.

Another punch flew in the same spot, deepening the dent and worsening the crack. I was able to exhale a bit, expecting it to make contact to me.

"Suoh," I pleaded, voice sounding desperate and hoarse. The water from the shower washed away some traitorous tears. "P-please stop." I choked.

When I felt him move again, I cringed from that and tighten my cover, not that it would make a change if Suoh decided to punch me.

But will he?

I felt his tense muscles relax a bit but his breathing was still heavy and fast. Picking through my defense, he was still looking down, but he radiated with such fierce red aura.

But then he laid me down to stand up with my own feet. And I couldn't. My knees felt like jelly, I was too shock and too slow to recover.

And I stumbled on the white tiles. With all my courage, I lifted my head to look up at him. His eyes were still burning bright red, but when he made direct eye contact with me, they seemed to abate a little.

For the past few minutes trying to control my breathing and composing myself. I managed to move my feet and weakened my knees to try and get away from Suoh.

I was afraid. I am afraid. I already saw him hurt and kill people. I am no difference. He will be able to do that.

Will he?

I looked at him one last time, ready to take my run. But something in his hardened, impassive and cold facade rooted me in my place.

Without any second thoughts, I spontaneously embraced him, burrying my head to his neck, caresshing his hair in my hand.

"It's okay." I whispered, "It's gonna be okay."

I wasn't thinking for myself anymore. I was thinking of Suoh. Whatever he is experiencing now, he needed me and I will be doing everything I can to help him.

"Don't worry, I am here. I am not going anywhere."

That was the last thing remember as the house exploded. Showering us with bits of broken glass, concrete and wood.

The last thing I saw was Suoh trying to reach out for me. His hand stretching in front of me, but our distance lengthened until what remained that I see was his forever red.