Smile

Sam stared at her computer monitor, thinking of what she could reply. She had no words. Her boyfriend had just informed her that their relationship was over. She slowly placed her head on the desk, and mumbled to herself,

    "smile." She said this whenever she was sad. Something to make her feel better. She sighs, turns off her computer, and climbs into bed, whispering "smile" to herself.

    the next day, she decided to ask her boyfriend why he had ended it. He responded in a way that she didn't believe was a valid reason.

    "I had to. Things weren't the same as before. I fell in love with the Sam that was energetic, fun, and nice to be around. Nowadays, you're just moody all the time. Bring back the old, fun-loving Sam, and I'll rethink things. But for now, I think this is the best for both of us. (By the way, I think that you left some things at my house. Could you come get them at around 3 or 4? I'm going to be out). Again, I am so sorry."

    Sam bit her lip, and thought to herself, "smile," And than snorted.

    "Why can't I get my stuff now? I still have a key to his house, I can just drop it off when I get much things. He won't mind. I won't have to disturb him that way." She got his key, and went out to her car.

    when she got to his house, she unlocked the door, and slowly crept in. Things were the same, but somehow so very different. She then caught sight of a box labeled 'Sam' down the hall to her left, (also the direction his room was in). She walked over, and picked it up. She turned to see the door of his bedroom just a few feet away.

    "He'll see it if I leave the keys in his room," she mutters, and pulls the door open. In his bed, with another woman, her ex scrambles around to see her. She drops the box and keys.

    "Sam!" He exclaims.

    "I thought I said 3 or 4!" Sam places her face in her hands, her tears streaming down her face. She choked on the air. She looks back up to her ex.

    "why?" He doesn't answer. He doesn't say anything, and he doesn't meet her gaze. He just holds onto the other woman protectively and stares down at the floor. She quietly wishes to herself that she could kill that woman right then and there.

    "Smile..." She breathes. "Just smile..." She turns around and walks quickly out of the room, and into the kitchen, laughing by now.

    "SMILE! SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!" Her ex and the woman can hear her from where they are, and they're a bit worried by now.

    Sam grabs the biggest knife she can find, and makes her way back to the bedroom. The woman screams when she sees Sam, who sticks the knife into the wall. Then, she throws back their covers, exposing them. She turns back around, grabbing the knife once again.

    "Shit, Sam! what the hell are you doing?" Yells her ex. Sam bursts into another round of tears, screaming "SMILE!!! " and then she thrusts the knife down into the woman's chest, followed by her ex's. Blood runs down their chests. She had stabbed them in the hearts, so they both died immediately. Her grin falters, and is replaced with a frown. She shoves the corpse of the woman onto the floor, and lays down on the bed stained with fresh blood next to her ex, then pulls up the sheets, that are bloodstained as well.

    That evening, the police searched that house due to a neighbor reporting screaming. They found 2 dead bodies, a male and female, both naked, and a woman around her mid twenties. She was curled up on a bed covered with the victims' blood, cradling a bloody knife, rocking back and forth whispering "Smile."