Soon

Everything seemed normal this morning. Nothing weird happening, it was the same as it had always been. I did my morning routine. Get up, get dressed, eat breakfast. All I had left was to wake up my mom. I Walked into her room, but she wasn't there. Her bed was made, and empty. I took a look around her room, checking for any notes or something to explain her absence. Again, nothing. I sighed, and walked back into the hall. It wasn't too big of a deal, some nights she stayed at phil's, and didn't come back until the next day. But then again, she would've left me some kind of evidence of her whereabouts.

I walk back to the kitchen, and look for more possible evidence, when I hear a thudding noise coming from the basement downstairs. I stopped moving. That usually doesn't happen. I take a deep breath, and turn to the door that leads down there, conveniently placed IN THE KITCHEN, WHERE I AM. I open the door slowly, and peek down. There's a horrible stench. What could be down there, that smells THAT bad?

I walk down the crooked, weak stairs, and the smell gets worse. I clench my teeth, and go forward. I step in a puddle of something. I look down, but it's too dark to tell what it was. Probably water. The smell is just bearable now. I gag. I see a large pile, of what seems to be fabric, but it's way too big to be laundry. It's so unsettling here. I search for the light switch, walking through the thin pool of water. Dad would've loved it. (He always loved a good scare). Too bad he went missing a few months ago. Of corse, then mom met Phil. I grasp the rusty chain hanging from the ceiling, and I tug firmly. The basement lights up.

I notice, the 'water', is red. And looks thick. I slowly turn around. The pile--is the mangled corpses of my mom, Phil, and my dad. Lying there. Dead.
A scream escapes my lips, and I stagger back. How could this have happened? WHY did it happen? What was going on? I felt tears spilling over my bottom eyelid, and racing down my cheeks.

I try to bring my hands to my sides so that they stop shaking, but I'm holding something in my right hand. I lift it up, and I'm horrified to see, that what I'm holding is a bloody knife. Probably not used for anything good.

I didn't do this, I didn't. I couldn't. I breathe heavily. Everything seemed normal this morning. How could I do this? My mom was my best friend, and how could I do ANYTHING knowing that this was in my basement?

I walk over to the pile, and place my hand on my mom's, then my dad's. "I'm so so sorry." I whisper. "I'll be joining you soon, please forgive me."
I bite my lip, and raise the knife pointing it at myself. My arms lock in place. I could end this, or I could be the girl with the dead bodies, the decaying corpses in her basement. The tears stream down my face.
I plunge the knife into my chest. I fall to the ground, and make out one final word before the light swallows me.

"Soon."