The Field

"What the fuck!?" My visions blurry and my heads pounding. I feel the cold wind ripple through my clothes while I try to get up off the ground. "What the fuck is going on?" I finally rise to my feet. I look down at the ground and notice a small camcorder. I pick it up and start to investigate it, full battery and a night mode. No footage from before now so whoever has done this has bought the camera just for me.

I look around for the first time and check out my surroundings and see that I'm standing in what seems to be a field of sorts. I've never had an experience like this before.

I pull up my camcorder and scan my environment for any clues to where I might be but I can't seem to find anything. I put the camcorder back down and look at the ground again and notice a small leather bound book with my name scrawled on the front , compass and a few batteries. I pick up the objects and stuff them into my pocket except for the book, which I keep in my hands to examine further. I open the first page and read through the small paragraph.

"Hello Johannes, you don't know me but I know you really well, this is your punishment for all your misdeeds and all of your greed. I hope you enjoy the game". I slowly and cautiously flick through the rest of the book, praying to god that I don't find anything else.