Chapter 2 Unexplained

I buried every dreadful emotion that longed to reveal itself inside me. "Hi aunt Emily!","hello Brandon I've heard so much about you!". I was sort of glad to know that she knew a few things about me so it wouldn't be like meeting  a complete stranger. "Oh I need to get my stuff down!" I said with a smile . Once I got all my luggage down from the trunk my mom rolled down the window and said,"sorry but I won't be able to stop and visit I'm in a rush to the airport". As soon as she said that my fake smile faded away and my mind flooded with rage. "HOW COULD SHE NOT TELL ME ,I'VE BEEN WORRY FILLED THIS WHOLE TIME AND SHE'S NOT EVEN GOING TO STAY FOR A WHILE!!". I was angry but quickly fixed my frown when auntEmily turned to me and told my mom "well I'm sure we'll have a great time!" "I'm sure y'all will!" My mom waved good bye and told me she loved me then drove off.
Then aunt Emily looked at me with a happy face and said "are you hungry cause dinner is ready!" "Yah I could eat" I said with a smile that was forced. She told me how thrilled she was because I was there with her and how much fun we were going to have.
Later on at dinner aunt Emily was telling me about how she was amazed by the fact that the wilderness of the area seemed to swallow up the house that was obviously huge. Personally I don't know why she would want to stay here in Willowbrich with not very many people around to socialize with and I HATE the pestering bugs and insects that came with all the tall trees that looked like they would never end. The both of us were distracted from the conversation with the need to look up towards the stairs when we heard a soft thud from the second floor. I was just about to ask what it was when aunt Emily said "oh well I forgot to take out the trash","oh I can get it " I said. "Well thank you".
As I reached the back door with the trash bag I asked her where the dumpster was and she told me "umm I think there's one down the street". When she said that I wondered why she wouldn't be sure where the dumpster was when she has been living near it all these years. "Uh..Ok" I said , still not seeing why she was ignoring the sound from upstairs.
I was on my way back from the dumpster when I was stopped by some rocks and flowers centering a small wooden cross right next to the street. I covered my mouth and forced myself to hold back my tears of frightfulness as I saw that the cross read --
Emily 1975 - 2015