The Hidden Sky

Back then and even up until this very moment, I've always wanted to find a comfort zone, no, I am not talking about a specific person or metaphor, I'm talking about a place where I can just.. I dunno.. be quiet and listen to the sound of the leaves rustling through the wind and the clouds moving above me. A place where there's a perfect balance of shade and sunlight.. A place where I can just forget about who I am for a moment and just lose myself in deep and random thoughts. I thought that I would never find such a place, but that was until about a week ago.

Our campus is huge, and by huge I mean REALLY HUGE. You can find a couple of forests.. even a mountain within school grounds. There were a lot of places in which I haven't "explored" yet and one of those places was the school stadium. The stadium was on top of a plateau and was hidden behind rock formations and trees, I decided to go and take a look. It's really rare to find more than 4-5 people at the stadium.. especially on regular weekdays and weekends, the reason behind that is because..there's literally nothing there, just a grass field, some seats and this amazing view.

From the moment I stepped foot on the pebble sidewalks and walked down the unpainted cement bleachers of the stadium, The sky.. The view..The scenery.. everything just took my breath away. I could hear the birds chirpping and the leaves of tree branches dancing and moving along with the wind. The trees from the nearby park were in different shapes, sizes and colors.. I could even see the city from the highest step.

On the last days of my first year in college, I visited the stadium everyday and I would wait for the sunset. The colors of the sky.. the brightness.. the contrast.. the clouds.. it all gave me a feeling of inner peace.