Chapter One

The Fantastic Four were a family, and just as any other family would, they fought sometimes. This time it was because a mission that hadn't gone as planned for many reasons. One of them being that Johnny hadn't been careful and almost hurt his sister accidentally. The team got separated and Johnny hadn't realized it was her when he used his powers against her. Luckily she was fast enough and created a force field to protect herself. Johnny was upset with himself and the fact that Reed blamed him for what almost happened wasn't helping.

It only took a few hours after they got home for them to get into an argument.

"Enough is enough," Johnny exclaimed, tired of the whole situation. "It was an accident. Are you really going to hold this against me?" he asked, trying to keep himself from getting angry but that wasn't really working.

Hearing Johnny's words Reed sighed. "All I'm saying is you need to be more careful," he said. "Next time someone might really get hurt, Johnny."

"So you think there's going to happen again?" Johnny shook his head as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Such faith you have on me, brother-in-law..." he scoffed. "You know, I'll just leave you two alone," he added meaning Reed and his sister before walking out of the room.

Sue who had been silently watching the exchanged, sighed. "You don't to be so hard on him, Reed," she gently said to her husband. "Don't you see he feels bad enough already? Why don't you lay off the kid? Besides, I'm fine," she added, not knowing that Johnny had heard everything she said.

"Kid?" he asked himself before walking away. "That's what they all think of me..." he murmured, deciding it would be best to just get out of the building for a while. Realizing that it would be better just leaving without his car if he wanted to be alone. Making his way to the balcony he glad he still had his fireproof uniform. "Flame on!" he exclaimed before bursting into flames, leaving the Baxter building behind.

As he flew away from the building, Johnny's diminished yet he still felt bad and he was sure that feeling was going to stay there for a while no matter what Sue said to him. Without even realizing it, Johnny made his way towards the deserted part of the city and it wasn't until he heard the sound of something tumbling down that he turned his attention to his surroundings.

Landing softly on his feet, Johnny looked around, finding not out of place. At least nothing seemed that way. Some of the buildings around him were completely demolished while others were still in the process of slowly falling down but that was to be expected in that area of the city. No one was there... at least no one was supposed to be there, especially at such late hour. Walking around, he decided it was best to turn off his flame, just in case. Who knew if there was something actually there or if he was just imagining things.

As he was looking around the area, the ground started shaking very softly that if it hadn't been for the wall nearby that partly came down he wouldn't have noticed it, which got him curious. If he had barely felt a thing then how did part of the wall actually came down?

Rounding what was left of the wall, Johnny came to used to be a pretty big room with half of the stairs going up still there. Nothing usual there, he thought before he saw a bright light shine upon him, making him turn around but by the way he did so there was nothing there. Leaving that building or what was left of it, Johnny made his way to the building directly across, hoping to find the source of the light he had seen just a few moments ago.

This building was surprisingly more complete. The only thing he could see was a large hole on the wall, big enough to be something Ben could have done yet he knew that wasn't the case. Ben had absolutely no reason to be there. As Johnny stopped in front of the building to examine it from the outside, he failed to hear the noise cause by what would only be a person walking close by. It wasn't until he caught sight of a girl, who seemed to be looking for something in the ruins, paying absolutely no attention to him, visible in the inside of the building that his brains registered the noises making him gasp softly at her unexpected appearance... And that was slightly surprising.  He was expecting to find something yet it never crossed his mind that something could actually be a someone and that someone a girl. A really beautiful one.

The girl who had been completely engrossed in her search had failed to noticed Johnny there until she heard him curse as he tripped over some stones and wood on the floor which caused her to quickly turn around to face him.

She was surprised by the sight of him, Jonny noticed, it was written all over her face but he couldn't blame her because he knew that his expression probably matched hers. Shaking his head slightly, Johnny figured it would be best if he said something. Make sure she was fine. "Are you lost?" he asked, politely, watching her carefully for her answered.

The girl simply stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. "No," she answered, gently backing away.

"Hey, it's alright," he said, noticing her reaction to him. "I'm not going to hurt you..." he added, hoping that would help to calm her down, but he got the feeling that his words did nothing to her.

"You shouldn't be here..." she murmured, pushing the blonde hair that had fallen over her eyes out of her face. Johnny was distracted by her beauty that the sudden gust of wind that surrounded him, knocked him on his feet and when he looked up the girl was gone.