A tinsy bit of fluff

Mystrade (Day 1)

"Oh, come on, please? It's Halloween Myc, just one scary movie?" pleaded the voice of the Detective Inspector.

Myc, or as he preferred it, Mycroft, stood off to the side in his very pristine, very formal, pinstripe suit, his favorite black broilly in hand. A slightlt bored and apprehensive looked filled the younger man's features as he glanced at the movies that littered the living room table. He let out a soft sigh as he placed the umbrella on the back of one of the chairs and crossed his arms.

"Gregory, why is it so important that we watch a... pointless 'scary' movie?" he asked in a bored tone.

Greg gave an exasperated sigh and he gestured to the pile, "It's Halloween, Love, and we both have the evening off, something we haven't had in quite a while, and I thought you would like to join me in watching a movie."

Realization dawned across the younger man's face, yes, they had both been fairly busy with work as of late. Yes, they hadn't exactly gone on a date in a few weeks. It would be nice to relax on the couch with his Gregory for a few hours, watching pointless movies. Very quickly, Mycroft gave in and nodded, "You make a very compelling argument, we'll watch one of your scary movies tonight."

A huge grin broke across the older man's face, giving him a more youthful appearance as he hopped up from the couch. He strode over to the younger man in a few seconds and kissed his cheek.

"Great! I'll put the kettle on, you go change into something lazy, and then we'll pick one out."

And with that, Mycroft left the room to change. Not more than ten mere minutes later, both men were on the couch in more comfortable clothing, trying to pick out a movie.

"How about on of the older films?" Mycroft suggested, picking one up.

Greg wrinkled his nose and shook his head, as great as the older ones were, they were also not very scary. He picked one of the newer titles and held it out, "How about this one?"

"Insidious? " Mycroft questioned, raising a finely sculpted eyebrow.

"Yeah, why not?"

Mycroft made a face, "Is this one of those... documentary like scary films with that.... 'shaky camera'?"

Greg laughed as he shook his head, "No, no, its not, but I think you'll like it."

After a minute debate, Mycroft relented and they put the movie in. As they curled up on the couch, tea on the table, they enjoyed their film. If Mycroft happened to jump every once in a while, or snuggle closer to Greg, neither said a thing, they just simply enjoyed each others presence.