Summer Night //tronnor//

the stars above my head sparkle with the same beauty i saw in your eyes every time i fell asleep and woke up next to your warm body.

 the chilled air wraps itself around me like your arms pressing against my skin that time we decided to swim in the freezing cold lake.

 the lightning in the distance brings waves of memories crashing down, fights and conflicts looming on the horizon like the dark storm clouds pressing this way.

 the owl, every present in my perfect moment, your constant reminder that you would never leave. but thats the thing, life is unpredictable and that owl could die tomorrow.

 the faint train whistle in the distance, your bellowing rants to anybody but myself, the train growing closer and closer with each passing minute. 

the soft, soothing music playing ever so lightly in the background is like the ghost of your fingertips skimming circles across my back.

 the crickets and frogs, a flashback to all the summers we spent stumbling around in the dark, through campgrounds, at the lake, down the street, in my backyard.

 i think the lightning is getting closer.

 i wonder if i should go inside, run away from the stick of dynamite that doesnt come with a warning label for explosives, guess its just common sense.

 the dark reminds me of the pain i felt after you decided to leave, the gaging hole in my stomach, encompaning me in its cold arms. 

 and despite the owl, the train, the lightning, the cold air, i would never leave. see, this is the happiest i have been in a long time, and even if it can't last the whole night that doesn't mean i won't sit through, right here, until the dynamite explodes in my face and the lightning barrels down on me. 

you may regret that summer night, everything that we had, but me, i wouldnt trade it for the world.

did i mention the magic in the twinkling stars, it'll never die, even after this night ends.

...