Thunderpath

We stared at the Thunderpath, illuminated by unworldly lights.

"Juniperpaw?" I asked."Are you sure about this?"

She hesitates, and I'm nervous. I've always looked at her to be fearless. If she's scared, then I'm scared. I can hear her draw in a deep breath in the silence, and she slowly lets it out.

"Yeah," she says, though  I can tell that she isn't fully ready yet. So we just both stare into the gloom a bit longer. The fog curls into frightening shapes. Turn back, it seems to say, Turn back. To safety, it snarls, run. Truly, I wanted to turn back and listen to the fog. But to my right side, Juniperpaw is immobile, staring at the cold stone of the Thunderpath. I don't think I look any better.

Suddenly Juniperpaw seemed to come to her senses again. She nudged me. "Come on," she said. "If we stand here any longer, we'll freeze!"

I want to freeze. I'm scared. I don't want to go any further. But I know Juniperpaw is stubborn, and I'll hang on to that.

So I send a quick prayer up to Starclan. Help us. Watch over us. Protect us.

Let this be no more than a silly misadventure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm writing a new story, Echo. And I have a feeling that I'll be updating that more than this these few days ahead. So please take a look at that.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! ( Right now, I'm already looking forward to Christmas :D  )

245 words. Updated 11/25/16.