The Return of the Furious

"George!" Kate screamed into the night. People had started to gather around her as she broke down into tear-filled sobs. Eventually, she looked up into the worried, drugged up, drunk, and slightly deranged eyes of her 'friends'. She stood and pushed them aside as she ran to the house. She tore up to her room and licked her door. Kate threw herself on the bed and cried till the stars disappeared and the sun became vibrant on everything it touched.

The next day, George still hadn't returned. Katie had holed herself into their bedroom. The same bedroom where oh so many beautiful things happened between them. They had forced out the world in this room. And now, it was just Katie forcing the world out.

BANG!

The sound startled her. So much so that she woke from her dream and staring her in the face was the one man in the world she would want to see and ever want to see again.

"George.." she looked at him, her jaw slightly slack. Before she could do anything, he was crossing the floor and gathering her in his arms. George held Katie close to his muscularly wirey frame.

"I am so sorry." his voice cracked as he attempted to hold back the tears. Katie smiled as tears flowed liberally down her cheeks.

"I know baby...I know." She rubbed his back and eventually, they fell asleep in each other's arms. Before the sleep overtook them, they whispered only but sweet nothings in each other's ears.