Love Hate Thing

RYLAND

I dropped off Rhenè and Rochelle and headed back into town. I pulled up at the shop and it was up and running.
I parked and got out.
The giant sign above me made me smile.
'Custom Ink' was my dad's shop. He left it to me and my half sister when he died. I ended up leaving for awhile taking care of my kids. This left my her, Morgan, in charge of the shop.

I walked in and all eyes landed on me.
"Ry!" She rushed up to me and threw her arms around me. Morgan was tall. She was taller than me. She hugged me tight and I smiled. "Hey, Morgan. Wassup, sis?" She pulled away and smiled at me. She had tattoos from the Chinese symbols on her back to the butterfly halves she had on each foot. "Ry, I miss you! People have been asking about you. Your regulars will be here in a few. Since you only work once a week now, everybody was so disappointed. You know half these broads come in here just to look at your eyes." She waved her arm towards the ladies on the lounge chairs waiting. They blushed as I nodded in their direction.

I sat in my chair in the back and picked up my notebook. I was drawing when I heard people in front of my door.

"Ry, I want you to meet the newest addition here. His name is TK." I looked up and saw Morgan there with an old home boy of mine who was standing there grinning. "My nigga!" He greeted me. "TK? When the hell you start working here?" I said getting up and shaking his hand.

"Oh, y'all already know each other. Even better. Well, my job here is done. Be nice to him, little brother." Morgan said and she walked off.

"Man, how you been? I ain't seen you since college!" He said, sitting in the tattoo chair.

"Man, same Shit. Working, making money. Taking care of my kids." I answered .

"Oh, yeah! You still with, um," he snapped his fingers. "Jameesha? Jamyma? What's ole girl name?" I laughed and shook my head. "Jamiya, and naw. I ain't with that crazy ass broad no more. I ended up getting back with my shorty from high school." I said. "How's the twins? You had anymore kids?"
"

They big as shit eating up all the food and shit. Playing football over there at Clarke Montessori." I said and turned to my drawing table and gave him a picture of my kids.

Rashaad and Rasheed were in a push-up position looking at the camera and their 3 little sister were sitting cross-legged on their backs smiling . This was their most recent picture , my kids looked happy. They loved our yearly photoshoots.
He studied the picture and smiled giving it back to me. "Beautiful family, man. I knew you would end up having more kids than the whole crew." He said and I chuckled.

'The Crew' was what our group was called. 5 niggas total. Me, TK, Jerk, Smurf and Screw. TK was the sane one. He was the only one of us on campus that actually came to class, studied and partied and got arrested and still made it to class on time the next day.
Jerk was...what you think? Naw, people called him jerk for the simple fact that he could dance. He had one signature move and that's when he would jerk himself into a back flip. Smurf....a short crip. That nigga was crazy as shit. Blue everything but he was about as big as my daughter, Rochelle. Little nigga had heart though. Screw...He fucked bitches...all bitches. Any race, size, height, he'd fuck a pencil sharpener if it had a skirt on.

"How the hell you figure that out?" I raised my brow and he burst into a fit of laughter. "Cause...they didn't name yo ass RawDawg for nothing!" He said . I shook my head and covered my face at the humiliating nickname I'd been given years ago.
"Oh, hell na, nigga! Shut up." I laughed.