(5): Cousin's Band

Hubcaps and ashtrays,

I was born,

But I wasn't raised.

The big wheel,

The black space

Tried my best,

But wasn't praised.

I sang along to my cousin's song "The Strays" which they covered. That song was from Sleeping With Sirens. Me and my cousins are a fan of bands so that's why we wish that someday we are the people that are living as a band member.

Anyway,I came here at my cousins' house because they invited me to go because one of my cousins are about to resigned in the band so they need a member to be the vocals. And since I have a good voice(they say),I agreed to join and here I was,singing along.

They band name is Poisons. Cool name isn't it?

**********

"Shaira,this is Jerome. Jerome,this is Shaira,the new member." Here I was,shaking hands with the ex-member of Poisons. Jerome looks like a good guy,and I like him to be my friend,someday.

We exchanged greetings. After that,as we separated ways,Oliver,my cousin,dragged me to the stage.

They perform in bars,and sometimes in malls if they had been invited for that.

"What are we gonna sing?" I asked. Oliver gave me the sing and I agreed. It was "With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear" from the same band from a while ago.

I faced the microphone. Theo,my other cousin,the lead guitarist(we have three guitarist like Sleeping With Sirens),strummed his guitar and when its time to sing,I sang the lyrics.

True friends lie underneath,

The witty words,I don't believe

I can't believe a damn thing they say ,anymore.

Lie,Lie,liar. Liar you pay for your sins.

Lie,lie,liar. Liar you pay for your sins.

So tell me,how does it feel?

How does it feel to be like you?

I think your mouth should be quiet,

Cause I'm telling all the truth,so

So tell me,so tell me why,

Why does it have to be this way

Why do things ever change?

Once again,one of my cousins strummed the guitar. Our drummer,which was just a friend of Oliver was there,sitting.

I'm falling over and over again

From all the words that you have said,

Its written on my heart,

For everyone to see..

After a couple of minutes singing,we took a break and decided to call it a day

***********

"You're gonna post it on YouTube,right?" I asked. Oliver nodded. I just went back to my seat. As he was uploading it,I plugged my earphones and played a song of All Time Low's latest song, Nice2KnoU. Unique title of a song, right? That's why I love All Time Low.