Chapter 1 - The Mental Asylum

"It's boiling." Taehyung huffed as he flopped down onto the sofa.
"You can say that again" Namjoon replied, wiping his sticky fringe away from his face.
It was a hot summer's day in Seoul, BTS were on vacation, except for Taehyung and Namjoon. Taehyung was staying back to record some parts in his drama, and Namjoon was working on some raps and compositions.

"Hyung, I regret not going on vacation." Taehyung admitted.
Namjoon's eyes suddenly widened. "But who says we also can't have fun?!"
Taehyung looked up at his hyung with a confused expression.
"How? We're stuck here. You can't have fun here."
Namjoon faintly laughed, followed by a smile.
"Be ready by 10pm tonight. We're going to the Gonijam Mental Hospital. It's a half an hour drive. It's located in Gyeonggi-do. Oh, and don't tell the others about this." Namjoon chuckled, walking up to his room.
Taehyung froze. Was Namjoon being serious? He thought to himself. Eventually, he came to the conclusion that Namjoon hyung just wanted to have some fun and time off, it would be enjoyable for both of them and nothing could go wrong, really....

***10 PM, Bangtan Sonyeondan Mansion***

"TAEHYUNG" Namjoon shouted from the bottom of the stairs.
"ARE YOU READY?" He continued, taking a quick glance in the mirror plastered on the wall to his right. He wore black ripped jeans, complimented with a black long sleeved top, white trainers and black cap. He looked mysterious in a way.

"Coming!!" Taehyung replied, hurriedly running down the stairs, a bright smile on his face.
He on the other hand, wore a loose grey t-shirt with black joggers and black trainers. He seemed casual.
When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he noticed Namjoon was smiling at something on his phone.
"Hey...what's that?"
"N-nothing, no one." Namjoon stuttered, trying to conceal his smirk.
"Alright then" Taehyung shrugged and put his earphones in.

"Right, so Gyeonggi-do is about 50km away. We will be there within 30 minutes. Follow me" Namjoon smiled and walked to the car as Taehyung followed, bobbing his head to the beat of the music that played in his ears.

Namjoon unlocked the car with the keys, and hopped in to the driver's seat. Taehyung took an earphone out.
"You're driving us there?"
Namjoon faintly laughed.
"Of course."
Taehyung laughed and took his seat beside the driver's seat.

Half an hour passed quickly, as they cracked jokes, listened to music and developed their brotherly bond. They hardly had time to spend, and now that they did they wouldn't let it slip through their fingers like silk. Instead, they gripped on to every second and spent it wisely.

Namjoon turned the music down as he took a left turn into an eerie looking road. The car slowly advanced forward and Namjoon halted at the entrance of a tall dingy building.
The building was 3 stories high, with small windows plastered with metal grills. The few windows that remained bare were either shattered or dirty. The building looked worn down, as if it remained untouched for years.

"Well. What are you waiting for? Let's explore!" Namjoon smirked, noticing the obvious fear on his dongsaeng's face. Knowing Taehyung would follow regardless of his fears, he advanced into the building, entering through a small exit.
Taehyung didn't utter a word nor make a sound, he simply shuffled along behind his hyung, cautious towards all detected activity.
"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked Taehyung, as he turned his flashlight on.
"You know darn well what is wrong, hyung. I thought this would be fun." Taehyung was growing agitated by the second. His irritation was starting to outweigh his fear.

***11pm***
they had been in the asylum for about half an hour. Taehyung was slowly adjusting to his surroundings, nervously laughing here and there. However, one little action shattered his little confidence.
SNAP!
Namjoon and Taehyung came to a halt. They both stopped. Taehyung's heart dropped to his stomach and Namjoon froze, emotionless.
"Tae..." Namjoon whispered
"RUN" They both shot off in different directions, probably the most stupid decision both had ever made. Taehyung ran towards the entrance as Namjoon, without option, ran up the 2nd floor via the stairs, taking two steps at a time.

About 10 minutes passed and both found secure hiding spots. Taehyung called out from the dark distance.
"Hyung? HYUNG? WHERE ARE YOU NAMJOON HYUNG?" He cried out several times, and received no response. He looked up to the dingy ceiling and whispered tohimself.
"Please tell me you're here."