Chapter one.

"Okay class settle down!"

The classroom was filled with a range of different students. At the front sat the more nerdy students. They always had their heads down buried in the text books or their hands in the air, eager to answer a question. Then there's the more rebellious or uninterested students that positioned themselves at the back of the classroom. Their lessons mostly consisted of firing spitballs at each other, making out with one another lustfully, bullying the nerdy students and engraving the desks with graphic images of reproductive organs. Then, there was Ellington Lee Ratliff. He kinda fell in between categories, sitting in the middle of the classroom. He wasn't super nerdy but he tried his best to get good grades and he didn't really fit in with the rebellious crowd. He was, different.

It was Friday afternoon and the long week was coming to an end. Rumours of parties were floating around and people were excited and impatient.

Ellington stared down at the textbook in front of him, absent-mindedly reading over the page as his eyes began to close. He was beginning to regret staying up all night in his dorm room to watch all of the star wars movies before the new one came out. Most normal people his age would have been out with their friends partying, drinking or doing anything that could get them into trouble but that just wasn't his thing. He had struggled to make friends since he started college a few weeks ago and found himself avoiding situations that made him uncomfortable.

"Focus, Ellington." He grumbled under his breath to himself, rubbing his eyes and blinking a few times to make the speckled dots he could see go away. He pulled up his hoodie that had slipped off his shoulders and folded his arms across his chest, trying to concentrate on the words that meant nothing to him. He directed his attention to the clock on the wall that displayed the fact there was only three minutes left until the end of the lesson. all he had to do was remain awake until then.

The door swung open and slammed on bookcase behind it, causing every student in the room to look up. Even the ones who were busy doodling and firing spitballs at each other stopped and stared at the sight at the front of the room.

There was a girl, standing in the doorway. She had long blonde hair that was perfectly messed up in a way that showed she didn't care and black lipstick that stood out against her pale complexion. She was wearing the skinniest jeans that Ellington had ever seen. Her white vest was very revealing and covered by a large leather jacket that swished as she strolled towards the back of the classroom where Ellington was sitting. Her black combat boots tapped on the floor every step she took closer to him. The 'I don't care look' on her face and the cigarette hanging from her lip sent uneasy shivers down his spine as he shifted in his seat nervously.

She made eye contact with him for a few seconds, her brown eyes telling a story that didn't match her appearance and it entranced him for a few seconds.

"Move. You're in my seat." She spat at him through her smokey breath. He didn't dare question her attitude as he quickly gathered his things and climbed out of his desk, standing next to it as she sat down, putting her feet up on the table part and puffing cigarette circles into the air, despite the teachers best efforts to stop her.

Ellington felt a mixture of uncertainty about the new student but also a hint of curiousity about her. He couldn't stop looking at her. He was mesmorised.

The bell rang out signalling the end of the lesson and almost every student sprung to their feet, leaving the class room in a wave of fist pumping, wooping and yelling "partyyyyy!" at their top of their lungs.

All except the new girl and Ellington.

The new girl leaned casually swung her legs off the desk and got to her feet, taking a final puff from the cigarette and stubbing out carelessly on the edge of the desk. She stretched her arms up into the air as if she had been sat in the seat for the full hour and not the better part of a few minutes, her shirt riding up to reveal the edge of what looked like some kind of tattoo.

Her dark eyes looked his way, piercingly until they came into contact with his. "It's rude to stare." She snapped at him before strutting to the door, slowly and confidently. She paused, resting on the door frame and looked left and right before disappearing from sight.

Ellington stared at the doorway where she had just been stood and then looked down at the books in his arms. There was something about her and her mysterious brown eyes that intrigued him. Something that he was determined to discover.

short intro chapter, let me know what you think and if i get loads of comments, i'll update tomorrow!!