Chapter 10

On my way home from work I stopped and picked up a pizza and a bottle of champagne, the perfect combination. When I got home Claire was sitting on the couch listening to the Weird Sisters.

“Izzy you’re home!” she exclaimed when she heard me shut the door.

“Yes, I’m home” I said as I walked into the kitchen and set down the pizza and champagne.

“Ohh champagne, what are we celebrating?” she smiled at me.

“You’re big sister was promoted to Editor of Sports for the Prophet” I said triumphantly.

“What are they thinking” she joked, “That’s cool Iz.”

“Thanks, George is coming over to celebrate too” I said nonchalantly.

“George” she smiled, “Yes how was the date with George? I never got to bombard you with questions.”

I chuckled, “I was hoping to avoid that.” She playfully glared at me. “The date was wonderful Claire, I’ve never had such a good time with anyone, no offense, but it was amazing.”

Claire smiled up at me, “You really like him don’t you?”

“Yes very much so, too much than is probably safe” I sighed.

“Quit playing it safe and just let your life flow” she advised me, which was odd because you would expect me to be advising her, ha!

“I’ll try” I sighed again.

POP! “Try what?”

“For the sake of Merlin, George don’t you know what a door is!” I shrieked.

“Sorry, just figured I’d make life easier for me” he set down the big box in his arms and pulled me into a big bear hug.

“Nice to see you too,” I sighed. When he pulled away I instantly felt cold and made a pouty face.

“Hey Claire how are ya?” Ugh I forgot Claire was here.

“I’m good George, you?”

I watch him chat animatedly with my sister and admired the way he easily interacted with her…and everyone else for that matter! And I had to admit it was one of the qualities I admired most in him. Damn it I was head over heels.

“Well how bout’ you two catch up over pizza and champagne” I suggested happily.

“Mmm, Pizza sounds good Iz” George patted his stomach.

I grabbed three plates out of the cupboard and set them by the pizza. Then I grabbed three champagne flutes and popped the champagne, I had to laugh when the cork flew straight past George’s face and he dropped to the ground.

“I never reveal my motives George Weasley” I said coyly, “If you’re on my hit list you won’t realize it till you’re dead.”

“I don’t think I have to worry too much” he said as he stood up and brushed himself off, “You’re aim is not that good.”

“Wanna bet?” I said, tossing an apple I found on the counter back and forth in my hands.

He raised an eyebrow, “You wouldn’t.”

“You doubt me Mr. Weasley.”

“Miss Thompson, you wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

“Try me” I smiled and threw the apple in his direction. And just as I expected, he apparated to avoid contact with my very nicely thrown (if I do say so myself) apple.