Chapter 23

Amy's POV;

I woke up to a happy Avril pouncing on my bed. Joe rolled over and gently pushed her off and then made the eyes at me. I giggled at the fact that he wasn't a morning person and sighed as I jumped up and slipped some clothes on. "What do you want?" I practically screamed in her ear. She looked hurt for a moment but then her eyes started to glisten like a child's on Christmas morning waking up to a tree full of presents. Joe started to get interested at the point and looked at her eagerly.

"WE'RE DOING IT!" She screamed making us go deaf for a moment. I watched her expression on her face for clues but found nothing. "You're doing what?"  Joe asked and she rolled her eyes, looked at me as if she was waiting for me to work out what we were supposedly doing. "What have we always wanted to do since we were 14?"

"Get married?" I asked sniggering. "No."

"Urm.. Set up a YouTube?"

"No but yeah."

"Travel, move, I don't know."

"Yes!" She screamed once again and Joe winced. "Travel?" I asked nervously. "YES!" I looked at her ecstatic face and broke into a huge smile. I sensed Joe stiffen next to me but thought back to when Avril and I were about 10.

"What do you want to do when you are older?" The teacher asked Avril. She was sitting next to me wearing a cute pink sundress playing with her fingers. Her blue eyes started to sparkle and I knew she loved talking about that. "I want to travel the world. Go to places like Africa, China, America, Australia etcetera. I want to experience the things that my parents or people I know haven't. I want to help the children in Africa and china that are less fortunate then me...us and change some of their lives." Everyone was looking at her with awe as she went into a full description of what she could do in different countries. I sighed and looked to my feet wishing I could've said something like that for my answer...instead I said "I want to be skinny." I wasn't as ambitious as Avril but wished I was. The way people looked at her and was speechless when she finished talking. The way everyone thought she was very mature for her age. I wanted to be like her. "I want to make gay people accepted, black people, Asians, Africans etcetera I want to make them all accepted and make the world a much better place then it is now. And I am going to do it all with Amy." She finished and I smiled happily, so did Miss, she was satisfied with Avrils answer like usual.

"Really, we are finally doing it?" I asked her. I always knew that she would do it but I stopped thinking we would do it together. "YES! Oh Amy, you do want to right?"

"Yes! I want to do all the things we said we were going to and more. Lets not go for a year lets do it for two or three or four, lets go to every inch of the world." She embraced me in a huge hug and then we both started laughing hysterically. Joe had left by this time and was sitting in the living room with Finn and Jack. "About time." I sighed when we collapsed onto the bed talking about everything we could do. "I promised you I would do it! I never brake my promises."

"I cant wait." We sat there as she told me about booking flights and all the details. "We go Saturday!" THREE DAYS! I was so happy, I literally couldn't wait to get out there and explore the world. I remembered when Avril and I were at the park and she said something to me, something I will never forget.

She sprinted off to the swings in front of me and I giggled. She collapsed onto the swing and I sat down on the floor next to her wrapped into my fluffy stripy cardigan. I watched her carefully admiring how she was so sad but yet so happy. She was staring of into the distance watching the birds flying from one tree to another, watching the lushes green trees swaying in the slight chilly breeze. "What you thinking?" I asked, I had known her for so long but she was so hard to read.  She looked startled and then looked back to the clouds. "Think about it, we are in about...well not even 1% of the world. How far out have we been, alone, and actually explored? We have probably seen 2% of the world. Do the math Amy that's a hell of a lot of places we need to go to. A hell of a lot of people to meet, things to see, food to try, music to hear, traditions to watch. You only live once and I don't want to spend those few years doing nothing." I didn't say anything but just followed her gaze to the trees. She had recently become in love with the world and I could see where she was coming from. We were both the same, we weren't people persons but if you give us animals or a big field to be alone on we would just lay there with music on and entertain ourselves. Or even be alone with our thoughts. It was one of the many reasons our friendship had lasted.

We slowly walked into the living room to join the boys and talk to them about the experience. They were extremely jealous and envied us. I collapsed onto the cream suede sofa and snuggled into Joe's chest. "I'm going to miss you." He said and I chuckled. "Come and visit. You can always watch our YouTube videos and get a part of me that way, I will leave you a message on the end of every one."

"Promise?" He asked making puppy dog eyes at me. Avril and Finn were having a similar conversation on the other side of the sofa and Jack was staring out the window into the rain. "Promise." I said connecting our pinky fingers. "I love you Aimz."

"I love you."

"I love you Avril." I heard Finny say and Avril hesitated before replying. "I love you too Finn." She seemed quite distant for the rest of the day but I just thought it was down to the stress of everything we had to do before we went.