Author's Note

AUTHORS NOTE FOR THE AUTHORS NOTE:

SUP HOES I WROTE THE NOT BOLD BIT LIKE A WEEK AGO WE'RE AT 15K FOLLOWERS NOW ITS TIME THIS IS MY 15K FIC 

LOOK GET READY TO GET GAY BASICALLY IF U CANT BE BOTHERED TO READ THE REST OF THIS AUTHORS NOTE CHAPTER I WROTE A FIC AS A GIFT OR A SHITPOST A GIFTPOST REALLY ITS 5 CHAPTERS LONG HAVE A NICE TIME UR GETTING IT ALL IN ONE GO

So hey, this isn't really necessary to read. I mean if you're reading this like not when its just been posted or if this is the first thing you've read by me you really don't need to, but you can anyway.

So as you may know, I've recently hit 15,000 followers. And that's really a lot of people, and I wanted to do something to say thank you to you guys, so eventually I had the idea of maybe writing a oneshot for you all, and well that grew into a bit more than a oneshot.

This fic is for you guys, my followers, and I really do hope you like it. I've never put quite so much effort into a fic I'll tell you that. I really, really enjoyed writing it though. I've uploaded all the parts at once so you can read the whole thing in one go, which is a new approach, but something I kind of like.

It's about 36k words in total, so shorter than my fics usually are, but I reckon it's a good length - long enough to be substantial, but still short enough to manage as a side project kind of thing. As you can see, it's split up into five parts - they're not really so much as chapters, and I feel as if it would go better all in one, but I think it would be easier to read if it was split up, as I imagine that most people maybe don't have time to sit down and read it all in one go.

The thing is this time, that you don't just get the writing. Each chapter has a piece of art to go with it, drawn by me, because I'm trash. You'll see what I mean when you start reading, anyway, I do hope you like the art, I feel like it made everything feel nicer. Do excuse the fact that the drawing style of the cover and the chapter pieces seem different I'm very inconsistent and I did the cover quite a few days before I did the chapter pieces, but I like them all as they are so I don't know if I want to change the cover. 

I've also made a playlist for this fic, which is available to listen to on my 8tracks account which is 'thejapanesehouse'. If you just go onto my profile on there, it's the most recent playlist called 'Ephemera'. I really do like the playlist so I'd suggest you put that on to listen to as you read, because it would enhance your reading experience, but I'm, of course, not forcing you to do anything. I just thought it would be nice. If you don't want to get it on 8tracks or whatever, here's the tracklist if you want to get the songs on youtube or whatever.

 If you don't want to get it on 8tracks or whatever, here's the tracklist if you want to get the songs on youtube or whatever

I don't want to go on for too long here, as I imagine that you'd probably want to just get on and read the fic, but I'd like to talk about how this came to exist just for a little bit.

I came up with this idea on friday the 3rd of june, and i planned the whole fic out in my notebook. I came up with the idea from just one doodle of matty with flowers in his hair, funnily enough, anyway. At first, I was unsure if I was actually going to be able to write an approximately 30k word long fic before i got 15k followers, and if it was worth while, but oh yes I fucking did.

I don't know when this does get posted but I'm writing this note on the 13th of june. i've finished everything for this fic now, writing this author's note is the last thing i'm doing, and let me tell u that i absolutely smashed this fic like honestly.

so i started writing on saturday june 4th and i finished writing the draft of the fic on wednesday june 8th. i wrote the whole thing in 5 days i need chill i know. i got really inspired and excited by this idea, and i've not felt like that with writing for too long and i think this fic made me love writing even more, because i basically went a bit mental doing it.

i wrote 7k words on saturday, 8k on sunday, 8k on monday, 6k on tuesday, and 6k on wednesday. and then i died tbh. well, really, then i spent thursday (9th june), friday (10th) and saturday (11th june) working on the art for the fic, which i really love, and i do hope you end up enjoying. 

I then worked on the playlist on that saturday with some help from everyones favourite musical anal rat libby minshall. then I spent sunday reading the fic through and editing things, which is something i really should do i know, but something i just don't, and really it was an interesting experience, so let me tell u now kids this is higher quality than usual, like I'm pretty sure that all the sentences actually make sense. this is a new standard of quality here and i hope you appreciate it.

then today i got the chapters sorted out as drafts on here and uploaded the playlist to 8tracks. and that's it done.

it's really been quite the experience but i've really loved it, and i think working on something like this has changed me into a better writer !! it's also been really good fun, and also I'm trash for this fic and i'm so excited to share it with you !!!

thank you for 15k followers. i love you guys

i hope you like this fic :)