Hunger

Lauren was excited for the date Camila had planned for the night. Camila invited her to accompany her at the famous, fancy, Italian food restaurant named Villa Revenna. It had been so long since the two of them have been on a date together and Lauren just couldn't wait much longer.

...

Once Camila and Lauren arrived at the restaurant, they kindly asked the hostess for their seats.

"Reservations for Cabello?" The hostess asked.
"Yes," Camila answered.
"Party of six?" The hostess asked.
"Oh there must be some mistake. It should be just us," Lauren accused while shooting a look of suspicion and confusion at Camila.

The hostess checked the list once more and reassured, "Yes that's right. Cabello party of six."
Lauren shot another look at Camila, but this time, harshly. "What is going on? I thought this was supposed to be a date! And you invited four more people?" Lauren said sternly.
"It is a date," Camila said softly trying to calm her girlfriend down.

"Is there a problem?" The hostess asked.
"No," Camila said.
"Yes," Lauren followed.
"No, no everything is perfectly fine. Let's just discuss this at the table alright?"

Camila didn't want to make a scene in front of the hostess and the rest of the customers in the waiting area.
"Fine," Lauren huffed as they were led to their table.

They both scooted their way through the large booth. Lauren looked furious. They were finally gonna get to have a special night together without any distractions. They haven't been on a date in forever and Lauren had been looking forward for tonight for awhile. But now she finds out that they aren't gonna get to have a special night after all.

"Alrighty, you have a lot of explaining to do Missy," Lauren scolded.
Camila gulped at her girlfriend's words. Lauren is not fun to be around when she's pissed, and the night had barely started.

"Look Lauren, I thought it might be more fun if we had a couple of friends join the party."
"You've got to be kidding me right now. Tell me the truth," Lauren demanded.
"Okay okay. I was nervous okay. We haven't been out on a date in months and I was worried that things were gonna be awkward. I thought that if we had others around, the pressure would be lifted off my shoulders and we could actually get to enjoy ourselves."

Lauren sighed. "Camz. Why would you even be nervous around me? It's me. I love you. Yeah it's been a while, but that doesn't mean that our relationship has changed."

"I don't know."

The conversation came to a halt when they looked up to see more guests arriving at the table. Normani, Jacob, Dinah and...Shawn?!

Lauren felt that burning feeling of jealousy bubble inside her chest as Shawn walked up to hug Camila.
Lauren knew Shawn had a thing for her and the fact that Camila invited him on their date made her chest burn with rage. This was supposed to be their night. Just the two of them. Not this bullshit.

Everyone greeted each other and sat down in their seats as Lauren put on a fake smile.

She didn't want to admit it, but Lauren has always been the jealous type. She was knowledgeable of it though, so she never let it get out of hand. She knew that possessiveness does more damage to a relationship than anything, so she kept her mouth shut.

Camila on the other hand, was completely oblivious to Shawn's feelings for her. She always thinks it's just him being friendly, but nooo. Lauren knew for sure.