Highway to hell

"This is your time, your life is flashing before your eyes and soon enough you will realize this is goodbye but what if I give you a chance. All you have to do is sell me your soul Abigail." That was the last thing I remember him saying. I must have agreed or else I wouldn't be here, now would I? I feel air inside my lungs again and it's all because of him.

          My parents and uncle think girls should do chores and act like proper 18 year old ladies. My family is wealthy, my dad works with my uncle the Prime minister of Massachusetts. Tituba raised me and my cousin Betty, since we live together. Betty and I grew up together and share the same room since we were little she is more like a sister. Tituba is our African slave from Barbados, she is always with us, she seems more of a mother than our real ones. We aren't really allowed to go out much, unless we are accompanied by Tituba. I like to go to our mini local library and read books, while Betty likes to be coquettish with the boys in the village.

          Our tiny village of Salem is creepy. It has a cemetery called the Gallows that no one ever went there, but I did. I like to take walks there, Betty would never go with me so she would go back home. I was always the odd one in the family. I have always liked the menacing stories Tituba would always tell us so we would be behave when we were little. She would tell us stories about witches that would posses us and then sacrifice us to the devil. It was interesting and I wasn't scared. Not till I realized some of it might be true.

           I sneaked out of my room one night, I had gotten into a fight with Betty and I didn't want to be close to her. I walked to the gallows but I took a shortcut through an alley. As I was walking I felt a sudden chill, so I hugged my cape tightly. I didn't dare turn around but a part of me wanted to turn around. So I did. There he was, holding up a knife and then stabbing me with all his force. I found myself clutching my stomach and seeing thick red blood ooze onto my hands. I later found out that it was an accident and I was mistaken for someone. But as I layed there I felt myself levitate, like I had wings and i felt air underneath my wings and I feel whole again. I try to touch the ground but it's slipping away from me and then I don't see anything... I wake up in a dark place where it smelled of dead bodies and dirt. I was a little scared not knowing where I was.

         "Abigail!" is all I hear in a distance, just my name. I walked around this dark place with only candles lighting a small passage. No one was at the throne so I followed the passage. It was pointless because it seemed to go on forever. When I get to the end there was something, something I couldn't believe.

        "I see you're admiring my wall of dead people." His voice was thick with an accent but something about it made me tremble. I turned around.

        The funny thing was that he was a normal twenty-something man. But why would I be send here, I have many questions racing my mind right now. Like I've never seen this guy before, and why is he here? Am I actually dead? I couldn't help it but cry.

       "Who are you?"

         "I'm your worst nightmare darling. But I do have a deal to make with you. This is your time, your life is flashing before your eyes and soon enough you will realize this is goodbye but what if I give you a chance. All you have to do is sell me your soul Abigail." He said with a grin.

         "Another chance at life?" I didn't hesitate and I agreed. I want another chance."Alright, I accept."

        "Good girl." Just like that he disappeared.

       "Abigail!! Are you okay, we have to get you to the local doctor." I heard Tituba say as I woke up and looked down to my wound. Was I dreaming? I'm actually alive! But as Tituba was helping me up I saw that there was a dark circle where I had been laying.

        Two days later I was able to walk, but I could not believe it had only taken me two days to recover. I couldn't stop thinking about the circle, was it something Tituba drew. As I was thinking my uncle interrupted.

        "There are horrible rumors going on Abigail, what happened?" He said with a worried voice. "What was that circle? Everybody is accusing you of witchcraft!"

         "Granted life again but now I've cheated death, there is nowhere to run." I couldn't believe it. People found out and know they think I worship the devil. Who should I blame? By my side was Tituba and Betty. I shouldn't blame anyone of them because that's wrong of me.

        "Uncle smith?, I have something to tell you." I said with a shaky voice as I entered his office.

        "Can't you wait Abigail there are people outside with torches, they want to kill you!" I've never heard him be this worried before.

        "I can explain...It wasn't me, it was Tituba! She practiced witchcraft and...and she practiced something on me so I can relive again the night of the accident. I'm sure she was just trying to help. Please don't do anything to her."

       "I'm sorry Abigail but we have to do something. We have to tell people it was here." He was serious now.

       I had to warn her, but I couldn't come to tell her it was me who told my uncle. As I was walking into my room I saw Betty on her bed screaming and shaking like she was possessed. On the other side of the bed I saw Tituba chanting something in latin. I couldn't believe it she was practicing witchcraft. Everything was making sense now, while I was laying in the circle she sent me to the underworld with the man so he can give me a second chance at life, she was making a deal with devil.Was she worshiping him? Now I know that my destiny wasn't written in the stars, It was just a part of satellites.

         Minutes later my uncle came busting through our door while I was crying hysterically; He grabbed Tituba by the arm and dragged her outside to the pouring rain. The villagers of Salem dragged her to Gallows cemetery where it was dark and foggy from the rain. They had a noose set up but not only did they have one but three. While I was following everybody to see what was going to happen to Tituba, I felt a set of hands on my arm and drag me along to a noose by my side was Betty and Tituba. I didn't understand.

        "Ladies and gentlemen, Tituba was the witch who possessed my daughter and practiced witchcraft on my niece. As prime minister I declare all three of them guilty of witchcraft. It hurts to say this but they will be hanged so they don't become a threat to our little village of Salem."

       Our heads are through the noose loop I feel the board under us move. The loop tightens around my neck...our necks and I can't feel air inside my lungs, I'm dead. I hear the echos of a world I left behind. I see him again.

"Welcome to hell Abigail..."