The Aristocratic Family

My name is Jazmine; Jazmine Martinez. I was born on December 31st and although I'm a twin, my twin sister was born on January 1st. My family was kinda of a mix between Russian and Latin-American.

My father was an understanding Latin-American man. However, my mother was a rich Russian woman who was surprisingly strict because she didn't want us to become spoiled even though we were rich.

My father somehow got the approval of my mother's family to marry her and let the wealth flow through his family. Three years into their marriage, my mom became impregnated with my sister and I. My mom had a hard time during labor as she experienced excruciating pain. My birth occurred at 11:58 pm and my mother was pretty happy until she heard the news that she'll be giving birth to another. My sister, Jamie's birth was different as she didn't cause my mom the same level of pain that I caused her. She was 12:02 am or that's what my mom says.

We were Aristocrats and aside from being rich, that wasn't something that I liked because it meant I would never truly be normal.

My sister's name is Jamie Martinez and she is what I call the cry-baby of the two of us. We got the same amount of things but she had something I was jealous of; true friends and happiness. My sister was the kind gullible people's person that reigned over my thunder and shadow.

We lived on the outskirts of Philadelphia. Our house was a beautiful luxurious modern 3 story estate that had two pools, ten bedrooms, four bathrooms [excluding the ones inside the rooms] some other rooms in the other stories and a huge garage. Inside the garage were a limousine and my dad's sports cars. On the upper level was where my parents' offices were and an in-house gym. On the third story was where my parents kept their special valuables. Above the third story was the rooftop that had stairs so people can go up there and enjoy the sight. There was a beautiful view of the ocean on one side and on the other side was a view of the city.

My sister and I were more of the Russian descent so we had Russian accents. We had a butler and a maid and our very own personal chauffeur who drove us to and from school in a limousine.

Back when I was 11, I was a pretty, petty, little princess who cared about nothing, even the wellbeing of my own twin sister.
It's October and outside was hot. I was inside the room me and my sister shared and I saw her watch on the table. Something inside of me wanted to fret her so I took up the watch.
"Jazmine, come on, give it back!" My sister demanded after I took away her lovely diamond watch.
"No! I will not! You get too much things, you get whatever you want!" I shouted at my sister.
"We get the same amount of everything!" My sister shouted back at me.
"Exactly, I don't want you to be on my level." I told her which made her retaliate.
"And why not!" She shouted back.
"Maybe because I really don't like you, actually like is such a weak word, I HATE YOU!" I exclaimed in anger watching all the tears form in her eyes.

It's quite evident that I have a high level of hatred for my sister, why?, Well I can't stand her annoying antics and that she cries for everything and that usually gets me in trouble.

"JAZMINE ALAYNA MARTINEZ!" My mom shouted.
"What!" I replied annoyed.
"Don't WHAT me little girl or so have it, I will show you what the end of the world feels like! Get in front me right this instant!" My mom demanded.

I walked towards my mom with a lot of pride and little shame of what I did.

"Little girl, why is Jamie crying?, What did you do to her this time?!" My mother questioned.

"I took her watch and I told her the truth and guess what mom, The Truth Hurt!" I answered.

"You have to stop with this Petty shenanigans!" My mother retorted.
"Whose going to make me?!" I questioned.
"What did you say?!" My mom replied with a question.
"I said, WHOSE GONNA MAKE ME!" I shouted.
Before I knew it, I was on the floor with a red mark buried in my face on the right side.

To be quite honest, I was jealous of what my sister had. She was happy; well most of the time that I left her alone but she had all the friends at school, she even stole my friends. When we first arrived at the school we attend, we both had about the same amount of friends but everyone mistook us for each other and thus, I heard a lot of bad things being said about me that are really about her. I also lost all of my friends I had as they thought she was me but when they realized the difference between us they loved her more. I felt abandoned and truly alone so I decided to get a little payback. Everyday I would do something mean to my sister to make her cry. All I truly wanted was attention and it seemed like this was the only way to get said attention so, I do it.

When I came to, my father was looking upon me with a disappointing gaze.

"My baby girl, why don't you treat your sister better? Why are you so mean to her and why did you shout at your mother?" My father questioned.
"I don't like her dad, she got everything and mom was annoying me." I replied.
"She don't have everything, she doesn't have your personality nor your very well being."
"But she stole my friends!" I began to cry, something I don't do very often but hey, I'm with my daddy.
"No dear, you allowed them to walk out of your life. Ease your sister on that, don't blame her and apologize to her, treat her better before it's too late." My father counseled.
My father hugged me and wiped the tears from my eyes, giving me a kiss on my forehead.