A Soldier's Pain (Draft 1)

This was home. The lonely wooden cabin stood staring down upon the little cliff down below, casting a imminent, an overhanging silhouette below. His eyes slowly wandered towards the old weathered yet homely log cabin, tracing through the snow laden path. As the snowflakes gently drifted back down, the lodge was hidden from time and noise, the land surrounding the cabin looked inhabited, yet distant enough for serene thoughts for those with traumatised memories and forsaken feelings.

The moonlight shimmered down its watery white-silver glow onto the surrounding, bathing, illuminating it. In the distance, the trees were silhouetted against the deep velvety sky, a diffuse glow, lighting the forest from pitch black to charcoal grey.

Memories from youth poured into him, feelings which he once obtained after so long and held precious to him but only to disappear from his life once again. It was a feeling he held dearly and so lovingly, that to him, it was his source of life. These memories pained him, striking him hard , the first pain of the impact from the saddening emotions of the joyful childhood memories, then a dull continuing residual pain, reaching towards his slowly hardening and emotionless heart.

Howling in agony, he clutched his head, tucking away in into a ball, before sinking back down, regaining a prideful posture.