Chapter 2

The following weeks, James continued training me, and for the first time, today, I'd beaten him in our sparing session. After what seemed like forever, but I was sure was only a few minutes, I had him pinned to the ground. "You growing old, James? Or am I just better than you?" I smirked. He did too. "Please, Nat. Don't get too cocky. You never know where it may take you." Oh yeah, I forgot he'd given me a nickname. I'd grown used to it. I was interrupted mid thought and In a matter of seconds, he had me on my back. I had no idea how he did it, but just like usual, this man continued to amaze me. The last few weeks, we'd grown To be really close friends. He was the only friend I had in this hell hole, and I was glad to have him around. "You never fail to impress me, James. You're the first person I met that can beat me in a fight. I guess everyone needs a mentor." I smiled. He did too. "So that's what I am, now? Your mentor? Okay... I could get used to that. Mentor James. Oh great one. Almighty James." I laughed. "Now who's being cocky?" We both laughed and leaned towards each other. I looked at his eyes, then to his lips. He did the same. Before long, we closed the gap, and the kiss felt like the moment is waited my entire life for. It was amazing. I wished it would last forever, but I knew it couldn't. I couldn't do that to him. He deserved someone better than I could give him. And I knew that. I pulled back. "James..." I looked down. "What is it, Nat?" I shook my head. "You know we can't...what would they do? James, you deserve better than what I have to offer. I'm not worth it, trust me." He looked at me softly. "Nat, you're everything I could've wanted." He kissed me again. The kiss seemed to last forever, until we were interrupted. "Ms.Romanova. Mr.Barnes." I knew that voice any where. It was the cold, evil voice of the ruler of this hell, Mary.